Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    The sound of people filing their nails, misspelled words, obvious hickeys covered by makeup that doesn't match the surrounding skin, any sort of injury below the waist or to the eyes or fingernails/fingers, and mouse traps.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of woodpiles (as in stacked firewood) because black widow spiders live in them. I saw a news story about a man who moved firewood by his house, was bitten all over by spiders, and died..... so I didn't touch the firewood by my garage for several years and gave it away.
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I have this same dream! I wonder what it means?

I just had this dream last night! Mine is that my teeth are REALLY loose in my mouth & as I'm talking they are trying to fall out of my mouth & they feel all weird. So bizarre. I have it a lot.

Totally had that one. I have teeth nightmares all the time. Sometimes they are loose and I try to push them back in, sometimes they come out and there are new teeth underneath. Occasionally they get knocked out in the dream, but usually they are super loose and falling out. Creepy! I hate it!

I hear its a vanity thing. Concerned about how you look. I used to get them all the time.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Whatever this is:
    1365274756732.gif
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    Left hand turns on a busy intersection (without lights).
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    centipede-doll.jpg

I am also afraid of people who move in unison
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have some fears that are weird that I know come from my bad childhood... Rain, phones ringing, and someone knocking on my door can have me running for cover and pretending like I'm not home, while my heart is racing out of my chest. My kids think I am crazy cause I panic if the doorbell rings

Dude. People knocking at the door is no joke. Have you seen The Strangers?? haha. Seriously, someone knocked on my door the day after I saw that movie and I panicked, turned off the lights, turned off the TV, and called my husband from the bedroom. I have always been weird about answering the door (you know, because it's always a serial killer/rapist), but after that movie it got worse. LOL I sound neurotic. I swear I'm normal...:wink:

I'm still scared from that movie! Knocks on the door have always made me paranoid. Glad I'm not the only one!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Slugs. They just skeeve me.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Oh, and water towers at night scare me. I had to walk closely past one when I was walking home when I was in college, and looking up at it gave me the creeps.

To the Op, your fear actually happened to me when I was 6. I was on a field trip, had to use a ports potty, and the door was jammed so I couldn't get out, and the potty was a about a hundred feet away from my group. I was bamming on the door and yelling at the top of my lungs until finally my teacher heard me. That was a long 2 minutes!
  • KatlynBarth
    KatlynBarth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't have any phobias. But I can't handle scary movies at all.

A few weeks ago my boyfriend and I watch the Evil Dead remake (not as good as the first in my opinion) I confessed to him that I was too scared to sleep and wanted a light on. I had his arm in a vice-grip that night and did not let go until the morning. He thought it was funny at first until my body temperature increased and he spent the night arm locked to the sun
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I have this same dream! I wonder what it means?

I just had this dream last night! Mine is that my teeth are REALLY loose in my mouth & as I'm talking they are trying to fall out of my mouth & they feel all weird. So bizarre. I have it a lot.

Totally had that one. I have teeth nightmares all the time. Sometimes they are loose and I try to push them back in, sometimes they come out and there are new teeth underneath. Occasionally they get knocked out in the dream, but usually they are super loose and falling out. Creepy! I hate it!

I hear its a vanity thing. Concerned about how you look. I used to get them all the time.

Damn vanity, giving me nightmares. *grumble*
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Geez, I can't believe I made it through 5 pages of my worst nightmares in gif form.

Actually I am more terrified of being alone in a wide open area (if you're Canadian think some Saskatchewan farmer's field). I am also terrified of open water because things not limited to but including plants and animals might touch any part of my body and I may start to sink and not know which way is up and suddenly have an ocean's worth of water crushing my lungs and stinging my eyes...

I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep tonight. :cry:
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Butterflies.Sure the wings are pretty,but they are just a cover up for the creepy middle part...shudder...
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Soccer balls.

I was five. It was my first game of soccer, ever. I stepped out onto the field - literally, one step - for the first time, ever. And had my first encounter with a soccer ball, ever.

The tooth fairy visited me that night, for the first time. Ever.

:'(
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Only thing I am afraid of is lawnmowers.

Saw a rather illustrative newsreport about a man getting his foot chopped off by one. Haven't mowed the lawn since.
  • SammiHouston1992
    Options
    Elevators :( Scary stuff
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    Phone calls from blocked/unknown numbers.

I always assume it's someone calling me to tell me someone I love is hurt/died or that something bad happened. It TERRIFIES me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Vomiting, heart attacks, and this thing:

Scariest-centipede-ever-500x446.jpg
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Being trapped

That's not weird...

...that's totally legit.

*shudder*