Hows this for some straight up BS.

Options
sissiluv
sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
I think I would shank a guy.

"After a deployment in Afghanistan, Brandon Harker returned home to Washington last week, only to discover that his dog went missing. The friend he left his beloved 2-year-old yellow Labrador, Oakley, with said the dog had been given away. Devastated, Harker has turned to Craigslist hoping someone can help him track down his missing pet. Some visitors to the site have reportedly told him they believe they saw the dog for sale on the site earlier this year."

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/soldier-brandon-harker-discovers-dog-listed-for-sale-on-craigslist/51f305bafe34441a43000538

http://q13fox.com/2013/07/25/deployed-soldier-returns-home-discovers-his-dog-was-sold-in-his-absence/#axzz2a5whDWnB

Replies

• amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Seriously? That's horrible.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a ****ty friend.
  • sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What a douche bag. The guy deserves better and so does that dog. Hope they find each other.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    He needs his friend back, and he better never call that human a friend again.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with people?
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    Wow I would kill that guy. What a jerk.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My SO is on the deployment list this year, so I went with him to deployment readiness training. Turns out this kind of thing happens a lot. You have to be careful who you trust. I hope he finds his dog.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    its hard to believe it hey...
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    W...T...F... How does that even happen? What a douche! I'd sue the pants off that guy, if it were me. Hope he finds his dog :(
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    sad.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have we stopped evolving as a species now ?

Some people just need to be put down !

That's why I prefer animals to people :)
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    That is so awful...poor guy survives Afghanistan and comes home to that....what a sh***y friend
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sad, sad, sad... what a horrible friend! :mad:

9ux4bk.jpg
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options

9ux4bk.jpg

Agreed!

I would seriously damage anyone who came between me and my dog. I suspect that if the dog was 'intact' it has probably been sold to a back yard breeder. Very sad. I do hope he cam ne reunited with his dog.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I would have seriously beat that douche bags *kitten* until he gave me the contact information for the person he sold my dog to. That's not a friend, thats a scumbag.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

9ux4bk.jpg

OMG that is the most awesome sign I have ever seen

Facebook here I come :P
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't kill a Human Being over selling a dog, but the guy would also NOT be My "Friend" anymore...actually, he was NEVER a Friend. Also, some people get in over their heads; they commit to stuff out of misplaced loyalty, and then find out they can't handle it. Taking care of a pet , especially a dog is a Big responsibility and can be a major disaster if you are not prepared for it. The "Friend" probably was "guilted" into keeping the dog because the guy was going to war, then discovered keeping a pet is major. I always say, "Know your limits."
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

9ux4bk.jpg

TOTALLY In-HUMANE. I never read, "Love your dog as you would Yourself;" or "Do unto your cat as You would have you cat do unto you." Humanity IS about Loving and treating Humans well. I'd like to say that you can tell a "good" person by the way they treat their pets...but you can NOT. You can tell a "good" person by their Character, whether or not they have pets. People who do not like people are "problematic" to Society.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options

9ux4bk.jpg

TOTALLY In-HUMANE. I never read, "Love your dog as you would Yourself;" or "Do unto your cat as You would have you cat do unto you." Humanity IS about Loving and treating Humans well. I'd like to say that you can tell a "good" person by the way they treat their pets...but you can NOT. You can tell a "good" person by their Character, whether or not they have pets. People who do not like people are "problematic" to Society.

Ok, so i fit into the 'problematic to society' area then. good to know. I will judge people by how they treat animals. But that is just me. No animal I have ever owned or met has ever hurt me or broken my trust. I cant say the same for all the people i have met.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    That makes me ill. :(