Has anyone gotten to goal weight without Plateauing?

Options
Just wondering since I see so many people complaining about how they Plateau'd for a long time, who was lucky enough to not have ever had to deal with that?

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I had to deal with it because i had to lose sooooo much weight it was bound to happen. sooner or latter, because i never increase my cardio for example until i need to. So i could go for weeks doing the same level of treadmill for example. I would only do extra once i reach that point were i stop losing weight. I found doing this way makes the issue of plateauing very small.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I didn't plateau. I purposefully slowed up as I approached my goal (started at 2 lbs/week, brought it down to .5 lbs a week by the end, then slowly raised to maintenance (100-200 cal/week).

I did keep track of my changing caloric needs and worked to maintain a deficit that was neither too low or too high.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    For some reason I am one of the lucky ones. I dropped 30 lbs. since March 11:-) Maybe because I didn't have a huge number to lose? I do have 3 lbs. to go but it is because I changed my goal. I also upped my calories last week because I started getting hungry and MFP numbers had me losing more than the .5 a week I was looking for. I lost .5 this first week on thr higher calories:-)
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Just wondering since I see so many people complaining about how they Plateau'd for a long time, who was lucky enough to not have ever had to deal with that?

I never did :) I didn't do the mfp plan for weight loss though, I did alternate day intermittent fasting (JUDDD). I lost something every week.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I never plateaued. I did have two intentional diet breaks though of approximately 2 weeks each, eating at maintenance. Actually, on the first one, I still lost as I obviously hadn't figured out my true maintenance level!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Never plateaued. Had weeks where I lost only a fraction of a pound, but lost something pretty much every week I was actively looking to lose weight.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    no plateau....blows my mind when people say they have been stuck at certain weight for extended period of time
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Never. There have been times so far where I saw athletic gains instead of fat loss though.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ya know, you can go off some people! ^^^^
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet and I am very close to goal. I started off losing quickly at 2-3 pounds a week and I have since slowed down. But I haven't stopped all together. I am still losing weight at a 1 pound every 7-10 days rate.

I am happy at my weight now, so I don't mind losing the last 7 pounds slowly.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I never did. Sure I had a week here or there with lower weight loss and even a week without any.... but I think that's normal. I did gain a few lbs after starting maintenance but my body fat % is lower.
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    I never hit a plateau. I didn't use mfp though. I used tdee, started with losing 2lbs a week then increase my calories to create a smaller deficit as I got closer to goal. After I hit goal I easily transitioned into maintenance.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    No unexplained plateau. I did one on purpose very close to goal to tone up upper body.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    about every 10-15 pounds I plateau. Then I have to change it up to start losing again.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I only plateaued when I got a little sloppy with my tracking.
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Never officially plateaued. I have had a couple of slow weeks (but those were arguably by choice when I went on vacation and got sloppy with my logging). Have lost almost 50 pounds in 7 months. The losses are WAY smaller now that I'm so close to goal, but I'm fine with that because I'm pretty content with my weight now.