What type of water bottle do you use?

Options

Replies

• sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    For the gym: Rubbermaid Chug 32oz
    For my day-to-day: Contigo Addison 24oz

I interested in getting this thread going again.
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    Aladdin with the double lid for adding ice/easy washing.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I have a few different kinds but my favorite is the camelbak. When i bike i take 2 bottles with me and the camelbak always stays cooler longer, will still have ice in it and any other i bring is warm/hot. It is spill proof and insulated. Definitely worth the money.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Brita squeezable filter bottle for me. I like the idea of being able to fill it at any tap... DH uses the same type bottle, without filter, for his sports drinks.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I have a few different kinds but my favorite is the camelbak. When i bike i take 2 bottles with me and the camelbak always stays cooler longer, will still have ice in it and any other i bring is warm/hot. It is spill proof and insulated. Definitely worth the money.

Lewandt, how much fluid does the camelbak hold and are they comfortable to run in?
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I love camelbak!!!
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options
    one that holds water........*badoom tish*
    :laugh:
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    BPA free if made out of plastic or has any plastic parts otherwise a steel bottle
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Polar
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HYDRO FLASK!! : )
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    The big green gatorade water bottle you see at many sports. It holds so much water
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Camelbak for the gym
    Empty Gatorade bottle for going about town, air travel or anywhere I'm liable to lose the bottle.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Depending on how far Im running. I have dozens of different sizes and styles and of course Camal Bak. My favorite though is an insulated bottle sleeve from Outdoor Products. I buy them at Walmart for around $3.00. It will hold any brand 750 ml bottle.

It has a hand strap and a clip. The good thing is once I empty the bottle I can trash it and not have to carry an empty bottle, or stop at a drive in and buy another bottle of water.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INSULATED-WATER-BOTTLE-SLEEVE-COVER-CASE-750ml-from-OUTDOOR-PRODUCTS/151087900713?_trksid=p2047675.m1985&_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.CURRENT&ao=1&asc=13&meid=143816623194145611&pid=100012&prg=1014&rk=1&rkt=5&sd=151081714293&
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Brita squeezable filter bottle for me. I like the idea of being able to fill it at any tap... DH uses the same type bottle, without filter, for his sports drinks.

I like the idea of this, but I haven't seen the brita bottles in a 32oz. I'd have to leave my desk 900 times a day.
  • mrk1185
    mrk1185 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I keep my eyes peeled on woot and active gearup for stuff like this. Spent $14 for my 20 oz Ultraspire bottle. The sleeve has a pocket on it that holds my gels, car key, etc. Got my wife's water bottle (which is basically the same thing without the pocket) for $10.

For something like a hydration pack I want to go with a bigger named brand but for a water bottle... eh, I can't bring myself to spend twice as much on something I'm going to beat the hell out of over the next year.
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar!!!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Contigo. Spill-proof is the way to go for this gal :)

contigo-waterbottle-autoseal-pointer-sm.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I don't like water bottles at all. I feel like a baby taking a bottle when I drink from a bottle like that.

I like the plastic reusable cups that look like a Starbucks iced coffee to go cup. The ones with screw on lids and plastic heavy straws. The invention of those cups has made me drink much more water than before! I keep them everywhere, at work, home, family's homes, and always refrigerated.

I also have a new variation on that with a plastic straw that connects to the top and can be "flipped down", really handy.
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Camelback - I have one at work and one at home. Each one holds 24 ounces of water so I drink one at home and one at work and with the glass of water I have at each meal that wraps up my 8+ glasses of water each day.
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I had a Camelbak but I didn't like having to bite to get a sip. I just bought a Tervis water bottle online. Just used it a day, but I think I am going to like it, they have a lot of fun styles. It carries 24 oz and can fit in cup holders. It is well insulated so the water states cold.