Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I freaked myself out last night when i was looking for maggot gifs.

it was awful.

tumblr_mnxh69VxHO1ssr37bo1_500.gif
  • ton40orbust
    ton40orbust Posts: 155
    Options
    Mickey Mouse,
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna say "spiders" or "bugs" or things like that. While those are fears of mine, I'd say they're quite common and far from weird.

A -weird- thing that I'm afraid of is glow in the dark things. No idea why. Just am. Also, mirrors in the dark. My eyesight's not so great, so when I catch a reflection in the dark, it can appear to be something much more terrifying than what it actually is. Those, I guess, would be my two weird fears.
    This about made me sick

Scariest-centipede-ever-500x446.jpg

Yeah... Not the wisest thing to be doing that... That's a mukade. It can land you in the hospital if you're bitten. I'm paranoid about those possibly entering my house, too T-T Why people like to keep those as pets, I'll never understand.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am scared to death of clowns. Yep that's pretty normal as far as fears go. Another thing I'm scared of is porta pottys! Not only are they disgusting, they are scary too. I also have a fear that when I flush a public toilet it will explode and spew nasty *kitten* water all over me. I have actually had nightmares about being trapped in a porta potty and I can't get out.

Ok, enough of my odd topics for tonight. I'm going to bed!

What's your weird fear??

I don't have a fear of porta pottys, I just hate them. I refuse to use them. One time when I was five or six, I swear I saw a lobster in the hole. I have never used them since. I will hold it until I find another restroom. They are so nasty.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Bobbleheads. They freak me out.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    ceilings and uncontrolled floating...I swear I once had an out of body experience that went horribly wrong
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Whatever this is:
    1365274756732.gif

Looks like some kind of arthropod shedding its exoskeleton
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    First off.... thanks everyone for those pics and gifs. (sarcastic) My heart is racing! :laugh:

I have lots of irrational fears. Of course the typical ones: spiders/arachnids (that includes scorpions and ticks), heights, public speaking. Some kind of common, but not as typical ones: clowns, birds. Then I also have completely ridiculous ones that people don't even understand: vomiting, dwarfism (I'm sorry. I know that's awful, and I'm a horrible person, but I can't control it).
  • Ano7
    Ano7 Posts: 2
    Options
    all flying things, including those remote control airplanes and helicopters
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't have legs, I am probably afraid of it. Snakes, worms, fish and most birds. Bird legs don't count as legs.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I have this same dream! I wonder what it means?

I just had this dream last night! Mine is that my teeth are REALLY loose in my mouth & as I'm talking they are trying to fall out of my mouth & they feel all weird. So bizarre. I have it a lot.

http://www.teethfallingoutdream.org/dreams-about-losing-teeth/
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Rats and snakes UGH UGH UGH
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I have this same dream! I wonder what it means?

I just had this dream last night! Mine is that my teeth are REALLY loose in my mouth & as I'm talking they are trying to fall out of my mouth & they feel all weird. So bizarre. I have it a lot.
    I have similar dreams. Most of the time I dream that my teeth are loose and I can wiggle them with my tongue and pull them out. By the time the dream is over I barely have any teeth left.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Yikes! The pics and videos in here are so scary to begin with!!

Mine: Clowns, creepies and crawlies (insects, arachnids, reptiles, etc), bats, thunder, lightning, dips (as in a rollercoaster)...
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    In the dark,, because i was thinking of zombies attack >.<
  • sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sand... seriously :embarassed:

Me too! I can't go anywhere near it. Also small spaces, robots, people in costumes (think Disneyland), fish - alive or dead and broken bones. My brother broke his wrist 2 years ago, I refused to spend any time with him until he had his cast taken off :embarassed:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Aaahhh!!!! Clowns are so creepy! I really do think I have arachnophobia. I was traumatized by huge tarantula spiders and black widow spiders crawling around my great-grandmother's house. My heart races just thinking about them.

Weird fears I have are masks, and people who whistle. For some reason, it creeps me out when I'm walking alone somewhere, and I hear someone whistling. Makes me feel like I'm in a scary movie or something.

People who whistle freak me out, too. It always makes me think of serial killers.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome,

Even those whistles from lads making ...are they called "cat-calls?"
    When ill-mannered lads whistle as a lass walks by :)
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ranch dressing.