Nothing like a Goodwill trip to keep me motivated.

Options
Pearsquared
Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
Since Goodwill carries many different brands, I can't shut myself down with "Oh, this store just sizes big, and I'm not really a 12." I went there today to get new jeans and shorts, and am now thoroughly in the 12 category. Every twelve fit, and some of them were even big!

I can't even remember the last time I was that size. Junior high, maybe? This marks the third size down from when I started.

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, buying smaller clothes is so fun!
  • Busymomo5
    Busymomo5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is great! I can't wait until I get to a twelve. I'm probably an 18.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a thrift store lover too :) I have dropped a few sizes too and it feels great huh
  • gtpjamie1
    gtpjamie1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Love when everything you try on in a size fits! Not just a couple of 12's ALL of them:wink: Way to GO!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That has to be such a nice feeling, fitting nicely in a "former" size. Well done!

My goal was to fit into a pair of jeans that I wore when I was first married...40+ years ago! (Yep, bellbottoms.) They finally fit with only a little "muffintop" right now. No tag for size but I'm thinking 8 or 10. It's all good!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That is great - congratulations! So exciting when you see those things change and realize it's not all about the number on the scale.

I love thrift store shopping, and have been doing more shopping at those stores as I lose weight. I have also been using my basic sewing skills to take things in.
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah!! I love thrift store shopping! I did the same thing at the thrift store this week- and came home with 2 pair of size 12's- one a nice Tommy Hilfiger pair- $5 each. :)
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lstarrb
    lstarrb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I loooove Goodwill! :)
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    go you! :flowerforyou:
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You totally inspired me today and I went to goodwill. Had a blast and you are right very motivating.
  • JanetLynnJudy
    JanetLynnJudy Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just went to Goodwill earlier today and came back with loads of stuff. I love it! It is great motivation and an affordable way to keep up with clothes when you are shrinking. Now that I'm losing weight shopping for clothes is fun again.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    that's wonderful and congratulations on such a wonder NSV :flowerforyou: :love:
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    That is great - congratulations! So exciting when you see those things change and realize it's not all about the number on the scale.

I love thrift store shopping, and have been doing more shopping at those stores as I lose weight. I have also been using my basic sewing skills to take things in.
    I completely agree with that, because I haven't lost a pound in three weeks, but I feel like I'm still shrinking. (:
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    An even better feeling ( :-p) is dropping off your too big clothes!! I am keeping 1 pair of jeans, so someday I can take a pic of me in 1 leg, lol!!!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Such a great feeling! Congratulations :)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I love Goodwill. I am able to buy designer clothing and home goods at a fraction of the cost. I have noticed that the smaller I get, the newer and bigger the selection of clothing is. I bought a size 8 White House black market dress for $4.99. It's too small, but it's gorgeous and I had to have it. When I got it home, I noticed the $139 price tag was still attached.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yay! Me too! I am an avid Goodwill shopper and I am a size 10/12 now too! Its great! My trip yesterday was interesting. I found a pair of size 14 petite jeans that fit so well I think they were made for my pear shaped body. But, I also found a pair of size 10 petite dress pants that fit too. It takes me forever to try on pants/jeans at Goodwill depending on the brand, I could wear a size 10, 12, or 14. Throw in the fact I now wear mostly petite pants(I"m 5'4 ish) and its a challenge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!