124lbs lost ♥

Just wanted to share my story with you all~
I've always had weight issues.. from as long as I could remember. Looking back on photos from my childhood I could see that I was never "normal" as far as weight and I was on a constant roller coaster going up and down, but always was on the bigger side despite the fluctuations. I was content though. I may have been a "chubby" 170lbs (5'7) girl most of my adult life, but I was fine with that.

Fast forward to when I had my son. I gained a LOT during my pregnancy. I delivered him weighing 210lbs. A few short months later my weight went up another 20lbs. I joined weight watchers and was losing the weight very quickly.. thought I was just kicking booty! Turns out I had an auto-immune disease called "Grave's disease". It's an auto-immune thyroid disease. 3 weeks after the diagnosis they totally removed my thyroid.. and that's when my life changed. At the time I had a less than caring endocrinologist. She didn't check my levels very often and under dosed me on synthroid. The weight just kept piling on and I could HARDLY do anything besides lay in bed... I could hardly stay awake. Despite me hardly eating anything because I was too lethargic to put food into my body.. I gained and gained up till I reached my highest of 255lbs. I finally realized my "care" wasn't helping me and I searched for a new endo. I found out my TSH levels were over 60! I was VERY hypo... and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and idiopathic intracranial hypertension.

After about a year with my new doctor my levels finally got to an "acceptable range". I started slowly going to the gym.. elliptical was the only thing I felt confident on. I hit a plateau and got myself a personal trainer. Learned a lot from him and stuck with him until I felt confident to continue on my own. I used myfitnesspal to track my food/exercise, a polar ft4 heart rate monitor to track my calories burned during exercise, and eased myself into running with a good c25k app. I ended up with a huge passion for running and I run 5ks as much as I can now with ease. Planning on training for a 10k soon...ultimate goal is to run marathons! I've lost 124lbs and I'm at goal. My health has never been better, even though I still have some issues now and then. It's been quite the journey. Thanks for listening. (By the way.. no longer have fibro issues and my IIH isn't as severe! )

Some random before's / progress photos
IMG_2076_zps469dedb3.jpg
406103_440974429268568_1123449152_n_zps31adb0bc.jpg
30344_506195026079841_197545846_n_zpsa408baa7.jpg

Before & After
579c9cc1-580c-48c0-9d7b-cb8ad27d3b6c_zpsda6916a1.jpg

:flowerforyou:
:heart:

Replies

• Kaali1985
    Kaali1985 Posts: 41 Member
    You look amazing. Well done :)
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Awesome. Way to go!
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    You look Fabulous. Congrats!
  • Dwayne8
    Dwayne8 Posts: 2 Member
    Thats amazing. great job. :)
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you for sharing your journey. Job well done!!
  • kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Wow! You look amazing. Keep up the good work. Really inspiring!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    You look incredible! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Amazing story of pulling through even with some serious health problems!
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You look GREAT! This inspires me! :happy:
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    This is fantastic. You overcame a lot to achieve this and should be so proud of yourself!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Congrats!!! Glad you were able to find a doctor who cares
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Thanks for sharing I love reading the success of others it always inspires me. So thank you and you look amazing!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Wowzers! You look great. And I'm glad to hear your getting healthier.
    :drinker:
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Love your green linen shirt!!! I want one :smile:
    But you do look amazing in your current photos. Well done!!
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    You look stunning! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    GREAT - AMAZING!!
  • nessayessa
    nessayessa Posts: 8 Member
    Grats on the success, love your WoW shirt :D
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Fabulous!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Beautiful lady!
    I love that blue striped skirt!
  • grambefit
    grambefit Posts: 4
    You are incredible! It takes a lot of effort and determination to do what you have. Congratulations!

Re-starting my weight loss journey today--I have about as much to lose as you just shed. I hope I can follow your lead and be as successful. Thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!