Blender Bottle Recipes

Options
abra526
abra526 Posts: 213 Member
I just bought a blender bottle yesterday at my local GNC. I got the 20 oz size. There are a few recipes on their website that sound really good, but I was wondering if anyone out there has some recipes that they have tried and liked. I plan on just using it mainly for smoothies/protien shakes to act as a meal replacement. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I'm hoping to have one of these in the AM about an hour before I go workout. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe per se, but FYI, it can blend peanut butter! The first time I tried it, it blew my mind! :smile:
    Doesn't seem possible, but it does a great job mixing it up. As long as you use creamy and not chunky.
  • abra526
    Options
    Awesome! I saw a recipe on their website for a PB cup shake, and i was skeptical about it actually being able to blend the PB..I will definitely try it now!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've never tried blending anything with it. The most daring I"ve gotten is mixing my protein with either mint, or orange extract.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My favorite is fresh fruit (strawberries, banana, canteloupe, mango etc), or frozen fruit(blueberries), yogurt, ground flax seed (or flax oil), water(or milk). Blend, enjoy!
    So many varieties you can do - adding honey, or almond extract or peanut butter.
  • journeytoahealthy51
    journeytoahealthy51 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When I am close to my calories for the day, but still want a snack, I thaw some frozen strawberries in the microwave, add some crushed ice and diet sprite or 7-up for a VERY low cal smoothie. It is a good snack to tide me over in the evening.
  • abra526
    Options
    Those are some good ideas, guys. Thanks! I'm am going to try the sprite one for sure this summer!
  • cevans8065
    Options
    I make this for breakfast:
    Cinnamon roll protein shake
    1 cup skim milk
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon

It tastes exactly like cinnamon rolls!