just dance?

Options
Anyone any ideas how I can find out how many calories I'd burn doing just dance? Can't find it on the database! I realise some songs won't burn as much as others!

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    dance is in fact on the database and on average all kinds of relatively vigorous dancing burn relatively the same amount of calories. :) have fun dancing!
  • TammyBee
    Options
    I just enter in dancing general and then the time. Lots fo fun!
  • SaucyGuido
    Options
    It may not be totally accurate but if you have a wii fit you can add in the time you did under whatever "level" of activity you did and that will give you a good guess at how many calories. Like if you only kinda get into the dances and just do the short version I would go with moderate strength but if you get into it and do the legs and arms and all the moving around some of the dances have you do and do the dances all the way through then go with Hard :-) Hope this helps and good luck on your journey to your goals!:happy:
  • TheNewStacie
    TheNewStacie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    A heartrate monitor is always the best way to determine, otherwise you can try http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned
    Hope it helps!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I got excited because I thought this was a Lady GaGa thread. tee

I supposed it depends on what type of "dance" you are doing. I think "dance" is in the exercise database...I think
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    I got excited because I thought this was a Lady GaGa thread. tee

ME TOO! :laugh:
  • disnyfan
    disnyfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This would be a fun way to exercise! I might go try to find a good dance workout DVD. :laugh:
  • cischo104
    cischo104 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Get a heart monitor watch it tells you how many calories you burn! :)
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    there is dance listed under aerobic exercise in the database. hope this helps! :happy:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all!! As I did the whole kit and caboodle, not just the arms, I decided to log it as aerobic dance!!!! Did 50 mins and because my 2 girlies had gone out, I was able to 'let loose'!!!!!!!!! Not very attractive, but a great deal of fun!!!!!!!!!