Back for the 5th time... OY VEY

Options
Hey!

What typically happens is I make a profile and then get discouraged. I've yo yo dieted so many times and am tired of it! I have so much to get in shape for. I'd love supportive friends so add me if you want?

Kate

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what happens to make you give up and why do you think this time will be different?
  • readeramm
    readeramm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I didn't really believe in myself when I started this time either. I finally decided that it would likely take me 2 years to get to my goal and that seemed more than I believed myself capable of. Regardless, I did start again and 10 months later I'm over half way to my goal and I've got the routines in place to really do it this time. Just take one day at a time, do your best, forgive yourself when you veer off course but get right back on it the next day. If you stick with it (mostly) you can do it.
  • rahgoddess
    rahgoddess Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello Kate, you sound like me!

I resurrected my profile last week as I had contemplated doing the crazy chemical diet - it wouldn't have worked for me. So I decided I needed to fix what was actually wrong - exercise - so now I'm trying to exercise daily and logging my food (which I'm still trying to resist sweet things :D). One of the things that has helped so much is the support from people on here so keep going! This time you can do it :) It's very early days for me too, I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into and hen nights etc so it would be nice to finally get into shape. If you want some support add me :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what happens to make you give up and why do you think this time will be different?

This...
  • cavachon7
    cavachon7 Posts: 5
    Options

Actually I don't mind you asking. It's a legit question. I've had a really unstable living environment for the past 2 years... and I'm finally feeling settled and happy with myself to get more toned up. It's not that I haven't had any success with this site... I have. It's just consistency that I'm aiming for now. I usually don't post in the boards either (been a lurker) and haven't had MFP friends for support.

Does that sound like a list of excuses or what's your thought?
  • cavachon7
    Options

This...

If you don't have faith in me... then don't add me. I get it. It doesn't affect me either way.
  • Briony14
    Briony14 Posts: 52
    Options
    Good luck! Sometimes all it takes is a stable environment, it took me 5-6 attempts to finally shift the 20 pounds needed to lose!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options

This...

If you don't have faith in me... then don't add me. I get it. It doesn't affect me either way.

I don't think that this person was getting snarky with you. You hadn't answered yet and they were just reiterating the question. I wish you success this time regardless of what caused the previous failures.
  • cavachon7
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm looking forward to this, plus I have a very active job now so that will help!
  • DomVitagliano
    Options
    I think in order for you to reach your goal you need to firstly be doing this for you and secondly be able to focus on it without distraction. I'm happy to support you as I could do with some myself :smile:
  • sashedrick
    sashedrick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If not now, when? I have been up and down all over the scale for all my life-here I am in my mid fifties knowing that I have more consistently made more bad nutritional and exercise (or lack of) choices than I should have. Every day make at least one good choice. Every day! Even if you cannot be consistent overall, at least know that every day you are doing something good for yourself. Everytime I make a choice that is good, I feel like I have won a battle. It may just be choosing water, or no cheese on a sandwhich, but over the course of time it all adds up. Sure, I have days where I totally lose control (emotional eater!) but even if your choice for the day is to stop after a binge and do a reset mid day, that is a positive. Good luck!
    760974 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started MFP in July, so I am fairly new here but love it so far! I will add you :):happy:
  • lnn_29
    lnn_29 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Kate - I've been doing the same thing over the last year! Which has just lead to more overall gain. I've committed for real this time, though! I know how easy it is to 'fall off the wagon.'

I'll add you right now. :)