Juicing

Options
More and more people are Juicing.. any thoughts? Is this a fad that I shouldn't join in on.. I'm just getting over the Fitbit fad.

Replies

• dta4ever
    dta4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I do not enjoy juicing because I don't feel full by drinking my calories. But, for people who do not get the recommended daily amount of fruits and veggies, this is absolutely the way to go. I rarely eat the right amount of veggies so I find that juicing some veggies and fruit together to make a smoothie is a great way to get the right amount of veggies in my diet. But, do whatever works for you.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I prefer to chew my food myself. Plus when you juice you lose all the good fiber in fruits and veggies. Just my opinion.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I prefer to chew my food myself. Plus when you juice you lose all the good fiber in fruits and veggies. Just my opinion.

Unless you're one of those people who saves the pulp and makes "healthy muffins only 6 calories each!!!!!!!!" :huh:
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Fitbits are a fad? Why didn't anyone tell me? :ohwell:

I haven't done the juicing - mostly because it looks expensive - the machine AND the amount of ingredients needed to make meals (assuming you are doing 100% juice). I don't think I could do 100% juice because I like to EAT. Not sure the drinking would keep me satisfied.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

I completely agree. I did a "cleanse" for a week that was just fruits veggies and raw nuts. Didn't go under my calories and felt awesome afterwards. And the best part was I wasn't starving. Your body needs the fiber. It's the most cleansing things I think of!
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Juicing removes fiber from fruit. You will benefit greatly from eating fruit and veggies in stead of drinking their juice.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I bought a juicer recently, but it is because I enjoy drinking juice, and would rather just make it fresh. It's nice to be able to make a batch of carrot juice when I am in the mood rather than having to run to the store and pick some up.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I thinking juicing definitely can be a fad. People are looking at it as a way to drop weight quickly by drinking juice all day everyday.

I have a juicer. I do juice. However, I don't and will not have my sole nutrition intake being from juice. I have a juice a day as does my husband. Having a juice a day helps me get in more nutrients that I otherwise wouldn't of. I do not agree with only drinking juice all day for any period of time as it does lack a lot of nutrients you need.
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love juicing! I have a Breville juicer and it is amazing! I also like green smoothies, and other fiber-filled smoothies, and I use my VitaMix for those. I add flax and chia seeds and they are really satisfying. I journal and keep track of all ingredients and love the way I feel juicing and using smoothies.

At the same time, I incorporate "regular" whole foods. I like a combo of drinking and chewing!! : )
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand the point. Why do it?
    Eating the fruit will make you feel fuller.
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I decided to try a day of drinking juice/green smoothies to see if it would be something I would like. The day ended with a giant burger and ice cream. I can do the occasional green smoothie if I have to power through lunch at work, but it's not a way of life for me if it means I'm going to go nuts at dinner time.
  • Misspositiveme
    Misspositiveme Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! No juicer for me.. I'll just eat my fruits.. Although I'm not the best fruits and veggie eaters.