2»

Replies

• lisatownsend
    Options
    i agree with LokiFae
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    technically she shouldn't be (I believe this site is 18 and over). This site is for adult weight loss, not really for kids. Not that I have anything against it, with proper adult supervision. But children have different needs, and I, for one, know enough to know I know very little about those needs. (could I have put any more "know"s in that sentance?)

I just did a quick google search and brought up a ton of TEEN weight loss sites. www.sparkteens.com for one. It says right on the home page "connect with other 13-17 year olds who are looking for a healthy and active life style". I would think that page would be better geared toward your needs as a preteen, keeping in mind that your body is still growing. I know it is hard to have a bunch of adults tell you that you are too young and to not obsess about your weight....but you need to understand that we have more experience then you at LIFE. My sister was on diets from the time she was 10 years old...she is now 33 and still struggles with her weight. Trust me, you don't want this to rule your life.

You got a lot of negative posts back because first off you want to do it FAST not healthy and second you are too young for this site according to the rules. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...if you need to loose weight, take in to account your age, your bodies needs, and get help for your age group!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Watching your weight is one thing. Trying to lose weight really fast is another. I teach 7th grade and I know that children your age are not "grown up". Some advice to you if you won't want us annoying you...don't post questions about how to lose weight really fast to a group of people who advocate doing it the healthy way.

Thank you. I heartily agree.
  • lisatownsend
    Options
    technically she shouldn't be (I believe this site is 18 and over). This site is for adult weight loss, not really for kids. Not that I have anything against it, with proper adult supervision. But children have different needs, and I, for one, know enough to know I know very little about those needs. (could I have put any more "know"s in that sentance?)

I just did a quick google search and brought up a ton of TEEN weight loss sites. www.sparkteens.com for one. It says right on the home page "connect with other 13-17 year olds who are looking for a healthy and active life style". I would think that page would be better geared toward your needs as a preteen, keeping in mind that your body is still growing. I know it is hard to have a bunch of adults tell you that you are too young and to not obsess about your weight....but you need to understand that we have more experience then you at LIFE. My sister was on diets from the time she was 10 years old...she is now 33 and still struggles with her weight. Trust me, you don't want this to rule your life.

You got a lot of negative posts back because first off you want to do it FAST not healthy and second you are too young for this site according to the rules. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...if you need to loose weight, take in to account your age, your bodies needs, and get help for your age group!!

yea i think this site might be better for you

i also belong to that one too sparks.com come find me there
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    please more than 1000 calories i day hon!!!

thats way too few, and you are only heading for an ED if you keep that up.

it is ok to be healthy, but that includes eating enough

this site is not for you, but you are on the right track, wanting to eat healthfully.

Not many peoples parents teach them how to, but you need to be seeking help from your parents, and not the internet. You do not need to lose any weight!
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Fast weight loss is BAD, you talk about wanting to be healthy and FAST is not the answer. Fast off equals fast back on, plus some! As a pre-teen parent (my daughter is 11) I would not let my daughter be on this sight. It is not geared for children. Obviously there are sites that are meant for children, as mentioned above.
    Check with a physician about what your goals are and how to get there in a HEALTHY way. Also, give yourself a chance to grow, you are not done with that yet and sometimes growth starts with the out and not the up.
    You can be healthy, but this is not the spot for a preteen.