Help need motivation!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Yup I just took a stroll through my diary the last couple weeks have not been my best. How do you eat fresh all the time? Especially with two kids and a man that don't want to eat as they say like rabbits?

I eat fresh all the time by keeping my fridge stocked with green veggies and fresh fruit on a weekly basis. Eating fresh is less calories per serving than eating processed foods so you get to eat more. Don't get me wrong, I love processed, fatty foods and eat my fair share but when counting calories, calories are a precious commodity and I use them wisely.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have also noticed that if its less calories it means more sodium... Any snack ideas that actually taste good? Maybe I just need new meal ideas. Seems like we eat the same 10 meals. :frown:

I eat all snacks, cookies, brownies, ice cream and have lost 25 lbs since February (probably could have lost more if not for the snacks), but I'm trying to make a lifestlye change and not diet. We all know that snacks are a part of the real world. My snack suggestions: vanilla wafers are great tasting treat, Pepperidge Farm chess cookiies, Blue Bunny Personals ice cream (eat only half or less), Pillsbury oven baked cookies (one serving at a time), Sun Chips-bbq and honey flavor, air popped popcorn. These are the snacks I eat, in moderation and within my daily calorie count. Notice that nothing I named is low fat or fat free. I don't eat low fat or fat free because of the high sodium content. I don't eat these snacks everyday but when I do, I eat one serving, which is usually between 120-150 calories. That's why I eat plenty of veggies and fruit, drink only water to make room for my snacks. BTW, don't beat yourself up about the weight gain, we all go through it: Just get back on the wagon, ask for help (like you're doing) and try to do better, one day at a time.
  • peedubb23
    peedubb23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Personally, never eating pizza, drinking beer, having a cheese burger or some french fries is something I refuse to accept. I just pick my battles and one tactic I use is to allow myself to have a free day or meal once a week. That outlet seems to help and I don't always use it but when I choose to, then so be it. I also try to bank calories all week to save up for that day.
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Got back on track today. Sodium was under. Ate a little more fresh. Did some extra exercise. 23,000 steps today on my fitbit. My best ever. Took the kids hiking today. Up my water. 10 glasses!!!! So I told sodium to take a hike. Going to try to watch my sodium a little closer. If I have to have that pizza. Then the rest of the day needs to be fresh and no extra process.