Would you run/work out in a sports bra?

Options

Replies

• justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Uh only under my tank unless I'm at home on my treadmill then I have been known to wear a bikini top. In public I'm covered.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is my goal :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I've only seen a couple visitors at the gym usually do that here. With not enough people doing it, it'd feel like wearing underwear out. But personally I've got too much underarm fat and bat wings to feel comfortable in those, even though I do believe I like my core quite much. I've seen da bootie shorts in BodyCombat but no sports bra only. Go figure!
  • Csuvetmed
    Csuvetmed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do, but rarely, since I often find a sweat wicking shirt to be cooler. We run on some pretty remote trails, but it seems like every time I run shirtless, I run into some unsuspecting, conservatively dressed family around the next bend! My fiancé jokes that if one of us is ever injured, I could easily summon help just by the act of ripping off my shirt :wink:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If you had abs. Or still not?

I know for me it is an ultimate NSV, but some view it like running in underwear.

Which camp are you? Do you look down or do you admire a woman who is working out is a sports bra with no tank?

it's running around in underwear.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    There's a difference between a sports bra that's an undergarment and a sports top that's meant to be seen.

The kind that's pretty much an cropped tank top, sure, absolutely, I'd work out in public in it.

If it's the kind that's an undergarment, no.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I don't feel comfortable being in the gym with 60-80 year olds wearing just a sports bra. But I have nothing against them or see any problem with others wearing them.

dude. full respect to seniors, but they count among them the biggest leches. because now they realize they've got just a little time and want to get as much in as they can. usually harmless, but annoying. (would not punch a senior)

Whoa... I read the above quote before the full quote, and took it to mean that the seniors were in the sports bras. :noway:

My retired neighbor SHOULD wear one. He has big hooters.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    When the thermometer hits 110, an outerwear-style sports bra is a good alternative to going topless.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't in public because I feel insecure no matter what. I work out at home and always wear a tank.
    I have no issue with anyone else doing what they feel like though.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Lately i've been running shirtless. I see the men stare at me with hate/contempt and see the women just stare.

Feels good :D
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Lately i've been running shirtless. I see the men stare at me with hate/contempt and see the women just stare.

Staring...
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If its really hot I wear just a sports bra (and running shorts) out on my runs. But it has to be really hot...otherwise I wear a running tank over. If I go hiking or paddling and its really hot I'll wear a bikini top since they are little bit more socially acceptable (not sure why though since my sports bra definitely covers more). I don't go to gyms so any other exercise is done at home where it doesn't matter.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    there is this girl at my gym that i see working out in her sports bra, but over it, she wears a loose tank top/sleeveless t-shirt. you can see the sports bra just enough. soooooo hot.

sometimes, less is more

I see this a lot too. Even as a female I can appreciate this look.

For me - no I'm probably never going to wear just the sports bra. But I'm old too so that may be an issue... But I don't have an issue with others doing it.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

You aint lying, brother. hahaha!!!!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's an ultimate NSV. But considering that I work out at my office gym, not a realistic one.

Right now I'm getting comfortable with more fitted t-shirts and tank tops, which still feels like an NSV to me. I almost kinda like checking out my arms while I'm lifting nowadays!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No way, that's just not done where I'm from. I would, without a doubt, get harassed verbally and probably physically, if I went for a run outside in my sports bra. I generally wear my XXL nightmare on elm street tee when I go for a run, and intend to do so even after the appearance of my abs.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I do. But I live in Mississippi where it is very hot and very humid. Plus, I live in the country where the only ones who will see me (aside from my husband) are cattle and horses.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<< bellydancer

so yes- I train all the time with no shirt- when I have abs and when i don't.

PS i always haz abs- as does everyone else- some of us just have more muscle fluff :D
  • leanmalika
    leanmalika Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would (and have, and will again) wear a sports bra while working out. If you've got the abs, flaunt 'em. I'm also small busted enough to run in a sports bra and not bounce all over the place. I know this is a concern for many women, as well it should be. Another 14 pounds and I'll be proud to show off my rockin' bod. Oh, BTW, I'm 62. You are NEVER too old to do anything. Just took up kickboxing last week, already seeing results.