100 lbs. Omg. Really?!

Options
2»

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm very happy for you. It does sound overwhelming and daunting. Just keep telling yourself, I just need to lose ten more pounds. It seems alot more bearable that way.

One of the fun things is when you've told yourself this a few times and go to the store and lift a number of potato sacks. I think the first time I did it, I had lost 30 lbs, and held three 10 lb potato sacks. I lost that much? No way! I don't think I could lift 6 of em today, LOL!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    It's amazing to lose that much weight. At the end of my pregnancy with my daughter last October, I was 195, and I never thought I'd be anywhere close to 200. Now, I've only got 35 lbs left until my per-pregnancy weight!(125)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got a great attitude! As someone who also started with almost 100 lbs to lose, just wanted to say Hi! and welcome to MFP. :smile: I too, can't wait to find out what it feels like to be a healthy weight, which is something I haven't been since I was a child. I've lost almost 30 lbs so far - almost 1/3 of the way there!! It's a great feeling to *know* that you can and will make this sort of change work for you, no matter how difficult it is.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic that your taking control!!! You will go far with your motivation!!!!

Good luck!!! =)
  • Suederaven
    Suederaven Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Y'all are awesome!