Did you lose weight in your feet

Options
Another stupid question

But, I just wanted to know if anyone, particularly ladies, lost weight in their feet? Whether it was the width of the shoe or the actual shoe size?
I'm wondering if I'll soon be able to fit into a more desirable shoe. I'm an 11/12...most 11s are too narrow. Nothing cute comes in 12.

I'd like to fit a 10 lol

Replies

• lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is kind of odd but I think I lost weight in my ankles. I had a pair of shoes last year that scraped my ankles terribly. I wore them last night and walked for over an hour in them, and nothing happened! Is it even possible to lose weight in the ankle?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I lost a half a size with 20 lbs.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My weight comes off from everywhere. Unfortunately I probably lost weight in my feet, legs, ankles before my waist! But that coming now.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I actually used to be a 7.5-8 and now I wear a 9. After losing some weight I now wear an 8.5. Not sure if this is because of pregnancy though, I heard your feet get bigger but I have no idea if it's actually related.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Being a size 11 I feel your pain..... interested in finding out more about this myself :) And I TOTALLY agree..... the cute shoes stop at a size 10.
  • VixenArgentum
    VixenArgentum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Huh. I'm 100lbs overweight and I am still wearing the same size shoes as I did for years before I got fat.

My feet are bony size 11-12s. I wish losing weight could get me into a 10...I'd have to chop off the tops of my toes to see any shoe size change for me.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I noticed weight loss on my feet before anything else.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my feet. I was wearing a 9.5-10 wide width & now I'm back down to a 7.5 regular width (what I was wearing before I gained so much).
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When I lost 60lbs a few years ago my feet became more narrow.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The first place I noticed any weight loss was in my feet and ankles. Thirty pounds down, and I've gone from a 9 to an 8 shoe size, and need narrower shoes...nice excuse to buy some new shoes!
  • nave002
    nave002 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my feet. I was wearing a 9.5-10 wide width & now I'm back down to a 7.5 regular width (what I was wearing before I gained so much).

Interesting!! I can see your foot becoming more narrow but shorter??? Seriously? :huh:
  • mariahk35
    mariahk35 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've noticed my ankles also have lost weight
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I lost fourty lbs at one point, about 12 years ago, and my feet definately shrunk width-wise but they din't get shorter.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yes, I now wear an 8-8.5, usually regular width but sometimes wide for styles like flats. I used to wear a 9 or bigger, and at one point my feet were so wide all I could wear were 11s and dealt with the fact that they were tight and too long.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yes I did. My hard to fit skinny size 10 feet, became even skinnier hard to fit feet. Still a 10 though, just even fewer styles will work for me.
  • ravengal44646
    ravengal44646 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My size 12's are now closer to size 11, after losing 20 pounds. I wore size 10 before having children over 20 years ago, but I don't think my feet will ever get back to that size. The bones seem to have spread in my feet.

There are cute shoes in larger sizes, but they are found online mostly. Send me a PM, if you want specific urls.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    This is kind of odd but I think I lost weight in my ankles. I had a pair of shoes last year that scraped my ankles terribly. I wore them last night and walked for over an hour in them, and nothing happened! Is it even possible to lose weight in the ankle?

Oh my word the opposite has just happened to me!

Bought trainers at 9 stone in April. After my first 6lbs they were loose around the ankles and chafed something awful! I now have big blisters on both ankles. Proud of my wee weight loss injury! haha
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Not width or size, but my feet have shrunk height wize? Like, the heels I wore at my sisters wedding had a ' muffin top'',but now they don't. Weird, right?
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes.. i lost about half a size in most of my heels. I had small feet to begin with and now I can't wear a lot of my shoes that I Slightly annoying but oh well.. guess I have to go buy more shoes lol.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    yes... sobs!! lol :) Was a 10w-11, now I am a 9-9.5 depending on brand. It blows! I have to rebuild my shoe collection.