Toning question for the ladies

Options
What is the best excercise to do to get rid of that little pudge below your armpit that kinda sticks out over your bra? Even when I got down to 130lbs and wore a size 5 i still had it. That was the only spot that no matter how hard I tried, wouldn't go away. (and yes I have been fitted for a bra several times so that is not the problem)

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I use aerobics videos that include weights and do pushups. That might help. Not sure. I know I don't have that problem anymore though. :)
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hate that spot!
  • justsomemodgirl
    justsomemodgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey There,
    I know it is a real problem this area- have you tried looking up some exercises regarding it? I can ask my trainer- I know it's a problem for a lot of women. But who wants to spend money on surgery. Lol
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Tone your muscles. Toned muscles will make your armpit fat less noticeable, and they'll also help to boost your metabolism, thereby supporting your weight loss efforts. Incorporate weight training into your workout. Focus on exercises that work the chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and back, since these muscle groups surround the armpits.
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    lat pulldowns and rows
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've got to 113lbs, bmi 19.5 and I still have that dreaded pudge of fat. I do strength training at least 3 times a week for biceps, back, chest, shoulders etc. The rest of me is fairly lean but that just won't shift, I don't want to lose too much more weight or body fat as I need to hang on to all I've got in a certain area :wink: . My PT said that's just where some women carry their body fat and it's to do with hormone levels i.e some carry it around tummy, others arms & thighs. Would love to see if someone has a new suggestion to try, otherwise I'm just resigned to the fact it's here to stay.
  • BeSexy
    Options
    PUSH UPS, chest flies, bench press