holiday help

Options
Right, going on holiday at the weekend for a week, me hubby and 6 kids in a caravan. I'm not bothered about losing next week, just want to maintain. How do I do that? Gonna get some healthy food stocked in the caravan, but most days are more than likely going to be spent sat on the beach with the kids(weather permitting), and as we usually spend all day away from the caravan it's normally fish n chips and the like close to the beach and tbh there isn't usually much more choice close to the beach apart from stuff like jacked spuds n doughnuts n icecream. Exercising in the caravan??? yeah, I think not,lol. Ideas please.

Replies

• kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    SO many workouts can be done on the beach, running in the sand is HARD! :)

Beef jerk is a good protien snack thats easy to transport :)
  • monicuza
    monicuza Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went to Rome on a holiday last year and decided not to refuse myself anything. So I had all the pasta, pizza and icreceam I could fit in. As well as fresh bread and wine every day. Did not gain a pound, simply because I walked every day for 6-8 hours.

Chances are you'll be running around with your kids, so you'll do lots of exercise anyway. Go for walks (walking on soft sand is difficult and burns a lot of calories) and don't be scared of running after that ball with your kids. Then enjoy the fish and chips!:)
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    skip the chips and have the fish

drink lots of water

and like everyone else says, exercise:)

I always lose weight on a holiday because I move more
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine - as they ^^ said, exercise more, drink lots of water, and maek the best choices you can (eg., have the fish but not the chips, have ice water or diet coke with your meal, etc). on a 10 trip to the US in march i lost 6 lb - still don't know how i did it, because i ate whatever i wanted, i had pizza, chocolate, ice cream, donuts, things that i never eat. and yet i lost - i was walking for miles and miles every day and was away from the everyday stresses.
  • sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    Don't tend to do a lot of running around after the kids on the beach as I'm normally watching the 1yr old and 4yr old who just want to sit and make sandcastles. Just remembered there's a pool, totally forgot, will have to try and leave the kids with hubby for half hour every day to get in a swim, before taking the kids to the pool.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Just watch your portion sizes. Have the food you want, just less of it. Swimming is definitely a good idea as well. I don't log on vacation, and I've never had any real gains (some water weight, typically) since I just make sure to eat sensible portions.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try making sandwiches with turkey, light mayo, and salad, if your in a caravan, there should be a shop or supermarket you can stock up when you get there, get plenty of fruit and low fat snacks like nuts and dried fruits. Make a picnic and take it to the beach with you. ask your hubbie to watch the kids for half an hour and swim in the sea! When I went to cornwall earlier on this year, I took lunches with me that way I knew we wouldnt have the worry of trying to find somewhere to eat, plus you save loads of money as eating out on the move will probably cost you. Have fun, and dont worry, its a holiday.