Low calorie sweet ideas for those days you want sugar!!!

Options
Love some suggestions ...

Replies

• coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There really isn't anything to kill the cravings.... except the real thing for me

But.... berries and reddi whip
    mixed fruit and reddi whip
    Frozen yogurt
    sugar free puddings or jello
    hot cocoa and mini marshmallows
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Those 10 calorie jello cups. If I absolutely have to have chocolate, I either eat a handful of Fiber One chocolate cereal (a serving is only 80 or 90 calories and full of fiber) or i eat a few Ghiradelli 60% chocolate chips. I think 8 chips are like 40 calories.

I second the berries with whipped cream. Ooh, and last night, I had a 100 calorie pack of cinnamon flavored almonds. YUM!! I'm not a huge almond fan, but the flavored ones are really good.
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not so low calorie, but it satisfies like crazy. Chocolate vita top (100 calories) + 1-2 tsp of nutella as "icing" (approx. 30-50 calories). Nom. :-)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    There really isn't anything to kill the cravings.... except the real thing for me

But.... berries and reddi whip
    mixed fruit and reddi whip
    Frozen yogurt
    sugar free puddings or jello
    hot cocoa and mini marshmallows

this is exactly what i eat when i have a sweet craving! also Chocolate Covered Katie's website has some awesome healthy dessert ideas.
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    a ghiradelli 60% chocolate square.... im a chocolate fiend!
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Berries and yogurt, melted dark chocolate with half a banana, peanut butter and jam on apple slices, a row of dark chocolate, baked apple stuffed with raisins and cinnamon, dates and tahini, prunes, roasted hazelnuts stuffed in prunes dippped in melted chocolate (amazing), frozen yogurt drops, jelly, fruit, banana icecream (freeze banana then blitz it with a bit of milk and cocoa (optional) and top with optional roasted walnuts, tastes like real icecream! A pancake with lemon and jam, energy balls.

Can't think of any more at the minute.
  • emilyuk1000
    Options
    Not sure where you are but I always buy boxes of Jubblys - a pyramid shaped freeze-at-home ice lolly. In the UK they come in a few different flavours and are quite small and mainly water so all are less than 20 calories but it's enough to keep cravings at bay :)
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Melons do it for me - 2 cups of watermelon is 60 calories. It tastes sweeter than that to me. Other melons that you can find throughout the year are pretty good also.

I also like the Popsicle brand "no sugar added" fudge sicles, but they do have aspartame (NutraSweet) which some people don't want. They are 40 calories each.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    A sugar packet only has 15 cals, that's pretty low

nutrition-facts-sugar-packets.jpg
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like to have cut up fruit with dark chocolate syrup on top. This way you get a serving of fruit, fiber from the fruit to fill you up, and the indulgence of chocolate, I think 2 tbsp of the syrup are 100 cals, plus the cals from the fruit. So pretty low cal for a dessert. I also will make my own whipped cream and put it on top of berries that have been mascerated (berries + 3 tsp sugar, gently mix and let sit for a few hours to overnight), you could add chocolate chips or sauce to that.

OR

Go ahead and have dessert, but just about half the portion you might normally have.
  • PetuniasMum
    PetuniasMum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Grilled fruit! Slice some apples or peaches, lightly brush with olive oil (or non-fat spray) to keep from sticking from grill ( or skip, they're not terrible for sticking anyway) and grill until soft with char marks. It's delicious on it's own, or add a dollop of yogurt (whatever kind you prefer)
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    fun size candy bars or hershey's kisses, just log it and use portion control to fit it into your daily totals.
  • Fat422long
    Fat422long Posts: 29
    Options
    Kettle corn. Gets that sweet and salty craving taken care of all at once! If you get the popped kind its like 50 calories a cup.
    Bananas and pb2
    Fruit
    Fruit and Greek yogurt smoothie.
    Whip cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • notdebby
    notdebby Posts: 58
    Options
    Ghirardelli - 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips is my go to for sweet and chocolate. One serving is 16 chips and comes in at 80 calories.
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love a serving of FF cottage cheese and about 4 ounces of strawberries sliced. I add a packet or 2 of sweetener to bump up the sweet. It's a treat for me. Now, when I need some ice cream, I just have some ice cream. Sometimes ya just gotta and get it over with!
  • Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ghirardelli - 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips is my go to for sweet and chocolate. One serving is 16 chips and comes in at 80 calories.

I do this too
  • Scienceteacher42
    Scienceteacher42 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I went camping this summer and was doing a lot of hiking so I was able t eat back my exercise calories so I had S'mores and didn't really worry about how many calories. I even ate a few extra toasted marshmallows with the attitude that I don't camp often enough to make it a habit, so I would splurge. After eating I went to log them in and found one S'more was only 140 calories and each marshmallow was only 25. I was expecting to go over my daily and got no where near it.

At 140 calories, it really makes you feel like you are cheating, and hits that sweet tooth much better than a 100 calorie snack pack.
  • VeggChick
    VeggChick Posts: 23
    Options
    Something I've done, that isn't super low cal but is good and not too horrible for you is:

1 sheet chocolate graham cracker
    1 tbsp Peanutbutter
    2 tbsp Fluff

It's about 200 calories.