sports bras for large boobs

Options
hi I have a dilemma and wondering if anyone has any advise

im struggling with running as my boobs are 32e and I cannot find a good sports bras that secures my bust but at same time doesn't stop me breathing. every time im running im struggling and cant breath properly as my bra is stopping me and my large bust is bouncing even though I have a sports bra.

does anyone recommend sports bra's for this issue?

thankx guys

Replies

• greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK 32F and I used to have the same problem. I do a lot of running so I needed a bra for high impact, and I've been very very happy with the Shock Absorber sports bras. I bounce very little, but I'm comfortable. I tend to go to Bravissimo for all bras, sports included, they're excellent at fitting and advice, but of course that depends where you are.

I recommend Shock Absorber sports bras. ^^
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    moving comfort holds the ladies down and you can breath:bigsmile:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort makes great sports bras for well endowed athletes.
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Rather than spend money on expensive sports bras...here is my cheap trick....

I wear my regular, underwire, supportive bra under a cheap cotton sports bra - I've found going down one size on that sports bra than my usual size keeps everything nice and snug.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I find that a high impact sports bra works well for me - that being said, if it's an especially bouncy workout - I will wear 2 of them to keep things under control.

Good luck taming the girls!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm the same size and have the same issue - I also don't like compression bras that cause the sweat to ooze between the "ladies" either. *shudder*

I just bought the Anita Women's Extreme Control Sport Bra off of Amazon.com. It should arrive soon and I hope it works for me! For that price, it had better.....
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two sports bras. I went to a sporting goods store and bought a bra that was for my actual bra size (34D) instead of small/medium/large AND said it was for high impact sports. Try it on first and jump around, etc in the fitting room. Made a huge difference for me and was worth every penny!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    For your size, I'd say get a 34DD in a Moving Comfort Bra. I feel great in them.

This is my current favorite: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL217/?cc=FOP

This one gives you even more support, but is a bit harder to get on and off: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/MCL323/
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yup, I am in on the moving comfort too!
    Try "June", I loved that model, even after countless tours in the washing mashine (no dryer) it has the same hold on!
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK 36FF, and I wear a Shock Absorber bra (the one that used to be plugged by Anna Kournikova). It was a bit pricey, but compared to the cheaper ones I've tried, it's like a Ferrari Enzo versus a pushbike. I find it's good for jumping along with Jillian, and flattens me out a bit for martial arts.

Don't forget to make sure you adjust the straps correctly.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34E and currently wear two bras when running, so bump for better options!!!!
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yup - the Fiona sports bra from Moving Comfort is the best thing I've ever bought! And affordable: http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/350003,default,pd.html
  • EdBugsMom
    EdBugsMom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I recommend Enell Sports bras. http://enell.com/

The high impact one allows me to jog without bouncing all over and I'm a 36 H.
  • shellinch
    shellinch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. can you still breath with these bras lol I feel like im suffering with a chest infection and cant get my breath just wondering if anyone has had this issue too. lol
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I wear a shock absorber high impact sports bra. My G cups don't move and I breath easily
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. can you still breath with these bras lol I feel like im suffering with a chest infection and cant get my breath just wondering if anyone has had this issue too. lol

Try a larger band size
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34G and Wacoal has an underwire one that I like for general working out, but if I am running or jumping rope I prefer the Shock Absorber.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options

The one I recommended is snug but not too tight. Seriously the best thing ever. I swear by it. It feels wonderful to workout and not think/worry about the girls. I used to wear a regular bra with a sports bra on top and it was the most uncomfortable thing ever. This sports bra saved my workouts!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My favourite is the Panache sports bra, also like the Freya Active bras
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Rather than spend money on expensive sports bras...here is my cheap trick....

I wear my regular, underwire, supportive bra under a cheap cotton sports bra - I've found going down one size on that sports bra than my usual size keeps everything nice and snug.

I do something similar. I buy a sports bra one size smaller and I have one of those workout shirts that have a built in bra that I wear over it. The regular bra thing would work...but i only and 3 regular bras so my way works well, keeps the girls pressed flat.