Breakfast!

Options
Whats your favorite easy (and healthy of course) breakfast? Something that keeps you going until lunch.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake.... lol. True Story.
    To be honest though, I also have a mid-morning snack everyday.
  • mnharrington
    mnharrington Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to second the protein shake. I am not a morning person and without that I would skip breakfast completely and binge by lunch.
  • Tina_Bella76
    Options
    Protein shake!!! Protein powder....almond milk...banana and frozen strawberries....;)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    2 serving John Mcain Steel cut oats and mix in one serving Fage 2 percent yogurt. My carbs and protein. I dont eat till 10 or 11 then i actually eat lunch around 3.
  • peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    Oatmeal cooked in almond milk. I will never tire of it.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing most days and I love it. I eat one slice of toasted Milton's whole grain bread and two over medium eggs on top...if I want to "fancy" it up I add avocado. If I am watching my bread intake, then I have the same two eggs with pico de gallo (and maybe some avocado). Simple and easy...
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have grape nuts cereal with half a banana on top, that fills me from 6:30 til about 10 when I have my morning snack (fruit, oatmeal or a granola bar), then I eat lunch around 12. If I don't eat something every 2-3 hours I usually overeat at meal times.
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    While I wouldn't say it's my favorite, I have vanilla yogurt mixed into a bowl of corn flakes and some water as my first meal of almost every day. On days when my schedule is less rigid, I have a toasted bagel and cream cheese. That's really more to my liking.
  • LornaRodda
    LornaRodda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have porridge every morning, I never tire of it! Microwave for 2 mins and voila!
  • SansyPansy
    SansyPansy Posts: 17
    Options
    Bagel and cream cheese used to be my go to move. But my body likes to gain about 5 pounds with every bagel! Breakfast is important to me on days when I have to wake up.

I wake up for work at about 7. And I get to work at 7:30. I HAVE to eat breakfast or I'll get naseaus. (Is that weird?)
    On weekends, I normally sleep through breakfast. Sleep is my number one priority.. lol.

I wind up having a not very healthy breakfast, as you can see in my log today. I made this post thinking I might find something healthier.. or at least something smaller with a mid morning snack.. i saw a lot of those posts..

it shouldnt be this hard! :grumble: lol
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Favorite: cheese omelet.
  • BrittanyAnnL
    BrittanyAnnL Posts: 140
    Options
    BEST EVER. Overnight Oats.

Super easy & yummy. Literally takes a few minutes to prepare, throw in the fridge and grab on your way out the door in the morning. You eat it cold so its a great summer breakfast. Also, you can do whatever you want with it... get creative. But here is how I do mine...

1/2 Cup Quick Oats
    1/2 Cup Un-sweet almond milk vanilla
    1/4 Cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
    1 banana chopped into bits
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    Handful of chopped walnuts

Combine in a jar, I shake mine up to mix ingredients (once it sets its a little hard to mix) and refrigerate overnight.

For variations add different fruits or even cocoa powder for a chocolate version. I also sometimes use peanut butter or top it off with chia seeds.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i put whiskey in my coffee,. i can go forever.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    BEST EVER. Overnight Oats.

Super easy & yummy. Literally takes a few minutes to prepare, throw in the fridge and grab on your way out the door in the morning. You eat it cold so its a great summer breakfast. Also, you can do whatever you want with it... get creative. But here is how I do mine...

1/2 Cup Quick Oats
    1/2 Cup Un-sweet almond milk vanilla
    1/4 Cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt
    1 banana chopped into bits
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    Handful of chopped walnuts

Combine in a jar, I shake mine up to mix ingredients (once it sets its a little hard to mix) and refrigerate overnight.

For variations add different fruits or even cocoa powder for a chocolate version. I also sometimes use peanut butter or top it off with chia seeds.

Wowzers....sounds delicious!!
  • glennmfelton
    glennmfelton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Typically, if I'm at work, oats with raisins or a banana, almond milk. A mid morning snack of pretzel nibbles. Maybe some cantaloupe. If I'm home, a boiled egg, whole wheat toast with olive oil, grapefruit juice and broiled tomato
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. Get up at 430 and not ready to eat until 10 or so, so that's as close as I'm getting to breakfast these days.
  • acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Cereal ( Honey almond Flax my favorite) with a cup of berries and almond milk!! My other favorite is a protein shake if Im short on time :) Almond milk, protein powder, and frozen berries ..... YUM!
  • jackiejones205
    Options
    I've doing the quick rolled oats (1/2 cup) with cinnamon, honey, pumpkin spice and nutmeg. For snack I've been loving banana crepse and almond butter.
  • Chasem1984
    Chasem1984 Posts: 10
    Options
    1 Cup of ice
    1 scoop egg protein
    1 scoop whey protein
    1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
    2 Tablespoons of non-fat greek yogurt
    A splash of almond milk or water
    Blend all together and drink.

Note: Chia seeds, flax seeds and/or rolled oats are good add ins as well.
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit topped with plain greek yogurt (honey drizzle optional) and nutty granola.