How to make my own iced coffee?

Options

Replies

• keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The Tim Hortons method of making ice coffee is
    1. Brew about 4-6 pots of coffee, put in large metal canteen thing.
    2. Let coffee cool in fridge for 4 hours, bring it out. Last 12 hours on the floor.
    3. Serve with preset amount of cream (aka a lot) and a pump of beverage base (a liquid sweetner thing; size small gets one pump, medium 2, and large 3) then put a crap load of ice in as well. Add flavourshot if requested.

Easy to do at home! Just chill some coffee for a while and add in what you like. Use milk instead of cream if that's your preference, sweetner or sugar or none, half and half, whatever!
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I make a cup on my keurig the night before and put it in the fridge. In the morning, I add a 1/4 cup of coconut milk and a 1/2 pack of stevia which is all natural :)
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just heard a commercial this am for Blue Diamond Almond Milk Iced Latte...may just need to add your own brew to it, also stated it was only 5 cals per serving!
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can't help with the sugar grams the way I make it, but I can tell you how I make it and you could use artificial sweeterner if you use those.....you can buy Bustelo espresso powder at Publix. Put a tablespoon of it in a cup, add appropriate sweeterner, add water to about half way up the cup to disolve. Add ice.....top off with flavored creamer and a splash of milk. Just like at Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks, for pennys a drink!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's IRISH coffee.
    um, not hard,
    make coffee, add ice, and whiskey.
    yum.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    we make iced coffee in our coffeemaker at home all the time, it has a setting for iced coffee on it. It is the Hamilton Beech Brewstation.
    We also buy the Iced coffee k-cups and use them in our Keurig.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just heard a commercial this am for Blue Diamond Almond Milk Iced Latte...may just need to add your own brew to it, also stated it was only 5 cals per serving!

It's actually 100 cals per serving!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Could you brew coffee and put in icecube trays and freeze so you have blocks of ready made coffee? Blend with ice and milk and drizzle with caramel or chocolate?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options

It's actually 100 cals per serving!
    yikes
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    French press overnight in the fridge. I have a French press travel mug (Bodum) that I use. It was supposed to be a coffee maker for when we travel because hotel coffee is foul. It's turned into a "it's 104 degrees and 98% humidity and if I drink anything hot I'll die" coffee maker. It works great. Set it up the night before (grounds, sweetener, milk and all) and in the morning it's ready to go.
  • cararickel
    cararickel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a Bodum cold coffee press that makes excellent cold coffee. But assuming you can figure out the coffee part and want ideas on flavoring, Torani makes several sugar free coffee syrups, including caramel. Use perhaps a tsp or so and if you want it sweeter, also add some stevia or splenda and some f/f half and half or almond milk to get that creaminess. The sugar free creamers by Coffee Mate are also very tasty and don't taste sugar free at all. I prefer the Italian Sweet Cream as well as the Peppermint Mocha (which is only available in the winter though). Happy coffee drinking!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    4-5 Ice cubes
    1-2 tsp instant coffee
    1 cup almond milk (or other milk preference)
    Stevia to taste (about 4 packets for me)
    (1 tbsp of dark chocolate cocoa powder turns it in to a Mocha).
    Blend together in blender
    (You can also add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder for a protein mocha frappe).
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I had this this morning and I think it's as good as Starbucks! This is more of a Frappuccino than an iced coffee but it's delicious!

1/2 cup milk = 45 calories
    2 or 3 teaspoons white sugar = 40 or 60 calories (or stevia if you want to be really healthy)
    2 teaspoons of instant espresso coffee (the brand I use is Medaglia D'oro - this can be found at Whole Foods) = 0 calories
    crushed ice in blender and blend the @#$% out of it = YUMMINESS!
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have started making my own as well.

I make a pot of coffee using the espresso blends, then store it in the fridge. In the morning before I leave for work, I pour 1 cup of the cold coffee, either 3 TBSP of French vanilla creamer and 1 cup 1 % milk and add ice.

OR

I pour 1 cup cold coffee, 3/4 oz Torani's sugar free caramel syrup and 1 cup 1% milk and add ice.

option 2 has less sugar.
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    if you love caramel coffee you can also buy the dunkin donuts caramel flavored coffee (it's my personal favorite) or try sugar free caramel sauce / syrup to add a spoonful into your cup. it gives you the flavor without the calories or high sugar content
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Another one for the cold brew. In the fridge on the counter, wherever there's room.. Google it if you're not familiar.

You don't really need anything fancy to do it. As someone mentioned above, it can be as easy as tossing some grounds in some water before bed and then filtering them out in the morning. You can also use a French press or buy a special decanter thingy to make it in.
  • stellaelise
    Options
    Make sure to use double the amount of coffee beans to make your iced coffee...worked at Dunkin Donuts in high school and that's what they do so the ice doesn't water down your coffee.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I seriously ADORE coffee. When it's hot, I just drink it black (I think it taste better that way), but iced coffee this summer is seriously becoming my downfall. I searched it up, and a small caramel iced coffee from McDonalds, while it is 130 calories, has 20g of sugar! I'm pretty sure starbucks coffee isn't far off.

Does anyone have any recipes or ideas on making iced coffee at home that doesn't have that many grams of sugar?

Are you kidding?

Take a tall glass. Fill with ice. Add coffee. Drink.

You're welcome! :drinker:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Make your ice cubes out of coffee so that it doesn't get watered down. ;)
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Another vote for cold brew. I leave it out on the counter while brewing and haven't poisoned myself yet.
    I have a Toddy that I got as a gift, but a French press works just as well.