How do you curb your late night hunger?

Options

Replies

• guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Tea or coffee(decaf?) or an apple. Munches such as blueberries or grapes.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    sex.
  • JCES10
    JCES10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I always save some calories for the night snacks ! (pop corn, piece of bread, decaf, or any leftovers).
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I work my daily menu backwards sometimes. Knowing I'll need a nice evening snack, I put that in then design my meals with the calories left. It psychologically helps during the day because I know I'll have a nice treat at the end of the day if I stick to my calories for the other meals. Or, if I go over, I just up my activity during the day to help burn the excess, knowing I still am ok for that evening snack.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my dinner a little later, around 730 pm... I also drink a lot of water, crystal light, and tea...

Same. A late dinner really helps.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    sugarfree jello, cantelope or watermelon, tuna, peanut butter, 100 pack almonds, cottage cheese, gum.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I try to eat food during the day that helps keep me fuller, longer. lean protein, healthy fats and fibrous carbs with low glycemic index values. I drink, on average, roughly a gallon of water a day, which keeps me hydrated. Sometimes "hunger" is really just confused with dehydration ... so that when if you drink 2 glasses of water at that time, the "hunger" may go away. Another reason for nighttime munchies is inactivity.....at night, I notice that when I keep myself busy....and don't just plant my *kitten* on the couch....the munchie monkeys don't usually bother me.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Dessert Protein by USN. It looks great, I'm not a gib dessert person but it seems a good way to get in some late night slow absorbed protein. Its like a protein shake but you mix it into a mousse apparently.
    Other than that I always find a nice cup of tea (been living in England too long I think ! :) ) is a lovely relaxing evening treat.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, I have 167 Calorie snack at 10 and then lunch and I eat roughly 900 - 1000 calories for dinner.

I find if I eat more at dinner I am less likely to munch in the evening, I also go watch TV in my room, I don't like crumbs in my bed so there is no eating.

If you leave yourself extra calories for the evening you wont go over your calories, you know its an issue adjust your day to make up for it.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I eat the majority of my calories at dinner time. Dinner time is anywhere between 7:30-9:00pm depending on my day's schedule. I go to bed around 10:00-10:30pm
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    greek yogurt, sea salt almonds, veggies and hummus, shakeology are all my picks
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just had this conversation this morning actually- someone asked me if it bothered me eating so late (I said I was up cooking dinner at 9 PM) There are nights I cook at 11/1130. It is what it is. I cook when I need food- I bulk cook so it's only 1 or 2 x a week- but I have no issue eating late at night- I'm always INSANELY hungry after I work out- which is from 8-11 PM- so yeah- I always eat late- I try to keep it down to a dull roar in the calorie department but I eat real food- often bacon/eggs for dinner around 1130/1200 midnight. NOM NOM NOM
    I just bought some Dessert Protein by USN. It looks great, I'm not a gib dessert person but it seems a good way to get in some late night slow absorbed protein. Its like a protein shake but you mix it into a mousse apparently.
    Other than that I always find a nice cup of tea (been living in England too long I think ! :) ) is a lovely relaxing evening treat.

plain greek yogurt- vanilla protein + mixed fruit.

about 240 calories- high protein- 42 grams- delicious desert snack. I refuse to pay extra for crap I can make.

But yeah- protein deserts are amazaballs.

along with this
    sex

giggle giggle
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Stay busy and only snack on fruits or veggies like celery and salsa or sugar free popsicles.
  • recentcoin
    recentcoin Posts: 18
    Options
    It depends on what I'm craving. If it's protein, I might have some peanut butter on a cracker or a string of cheese. If it's sweets, I might have some dried fruit or a hard candy. If it's carbs, then I try put some protein with it so that I don't get the "rebound munchies".
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I drink a bunch of water to curb late night hunger if I've already met my nutritional and calorie needs. It usually works well!
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Casein protein shake...

It's the protein in milk that makes you feel full...

Think of it as a slow release version of whey... 4-6 hours

Celery and Salsa...

2-3 pieces with salsa 10 calories, I dare to try and eat a hundred calories worth...

Soak the celery, it take a lot of the bitterness out
  • MisterGilberto
    Options
    I've recently read up on some IF plans and decided to try one out. Lol it was a bit of a struggle at first (like 2 weeks) but after getting used to it, the fasting really helped me with appetite control throughout the day.
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Agree with most of the people who save calories for nighttime. Generally I save about 400-500 cals for AFTER dinner. I find it a lot easier to "stay good" while at work, so a light breakfast, light lunch and snack (maybe about 800 cals) and then 1050 for dinner and second mini dinner! LOL... I love air-popped popcorn with olive oil and seasoning salt, and a banana chocolate shake (almond milk, vanilla, stevia, frozen banana, cocoa powder, ice).... yummmm
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I finished eating at 10.30pm; won't go to bed until 1am. I've eaten what I planned to eat and know I won't die so will just put up with the hunger. I'll have a glass of water in a bit.