tomorrow is day one!

Options
hi, im 19 and completely new to this site, i have been overweight for a while and i have been trying really hard to lose weight and i mean not just some weight, a lotttt of weight. recently i have dropped 12 lbs with weight watchers, which has been very exciting for me. i already feel soo much better about myself and i have way more energy. however, i can already feel the weight loss beginning to slow down and i have never really been very patient, i am disgusted with myself and i want to change my life forever. i signed up for personal training at my gym and my trainer has set me up on this site and has outlined some good foods for me, but i am a little nervous about using it. any tips?im not really sure how to go about using this site. do i enter in foods as i eat them? at the end of the day? i never really had to keep track of total calories and fats and proteins and sodium and all before, so it all seems a little overwhelming. any tips or advice? motivation? id really appreciate it!

Replies

• EGARCIA
    EGARCIA Posts: 4
    Options
    hi, im 19 and completely new to this site, i have been overweight for a while and i have been trying really hard to lose weight and i mean not just some weight, a lotttt of weight. recently i have dropped 12 lbs with weight watchers, which has been very exciting for me. i already feel soo much better about myself and i have way more energy. however, i can already feel the weight loss beginning to slow down and i have never really been very patient, i am disgusted with myself and i want to change my life forever. i signed up for personal training at my gym and my trainer has set me up on this site and has outlined some good foods for me, but i am a little nervous about using it. any tips?im not really sure how to go about using this site. do i enter in foods as i eat them? at the end of the day? i never really had to keep track of total calories and fats and proteins and sodium and all before, so it all seems a little overwhelming. any tips or advice? motivation? id really appreciate it!
  • jpramos584
    jpramos584 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
    I've only started this week on the site and I love it so far! Just start out slow and do what you can. Like recording your meals, list them when you are normally at the computer. If you run around a lot during the day, keep a notebook and write down things you eat. I would also suggest getting a calorie book to help you figure out how many calories you're watching and other good things to watch for too.
    When writing down your food items start out with a few things you can keep track of like calories, fat, carbs. Then gradually start listing protein, sugar, etc... once you get on board. Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • CMartin6706
    Options
    What I am currently doing seems to be working well for me. I write out what I plan to eat the day before, so I have a plan and don't snack on foods that aren't on the list and then I log in the food either as I go (b/c I have a lot of free time right now) or I enter the food from the list assuming I checked it off during the day. I am very much a person who does the best with written plans and lists so seeing my food plan really seems to work. While I am trying to lose weight, I actually don't look like I need to. I tore my Achilles tendon four months ago and have packed on the fat since then. Right now I'm trying to focus on getting down my body fat percentage so I can work on (and see) more muscle. You sound like you are on a good track. I'm sure your trainer has told you this, but remember cardo isn't everything....you *must* lift weights to lose weight. Lift then cardo for the best workout. Also, when doing cardo you'll lose weight faster if you do what are called intervals (2 by 2s for example). When I am doing cardo, I go for 30mins, but the first ten (right now) I do my 2 by 2s by going really hard on the bike for two mins (during which I am working out at the higher of my heart rate numbers...I stay around 165-170 bpm) then I go slower for two mins...not so slow as to let my heart rate go below say 150. I do this for ten mins and then finish my 20mins at around 150. By the end I'm sweating hard and feeling the burn. There are lots of ways to figure out what your heart rate intensity should be so either use an internet calculator or figure it out with your trainer. It's been proven that 2 by 2s help one drop weight faster, but make sure you are doing this safely. Making sure eat well and right is great, but don't forget about all the empty calories in soda, juice etc. Water is your new best friend. Good luck!
  • EGARCIA
    EGARCIA Posts: 4
    Options
    thank you both sooo much! i have a lot to work with and im excited to begin my weight loss journey for a healthy happier me =]
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    E~~~~ honey....I did weight watchers and had alot of success, I am in a HUGE rut at the moment with my weight loss....you just reminded me that I still have all my weight watchers books, and instead of having a totally unhealthy meal, I am gonna make a great weight watchers standby...Thanks! Good luck your gonna do great!
  • brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I am so happy I found this site! The calorie counter was a real eye opener for me! I have been on yo-yo diets too many times to count. This is it though, I'm tired of being overweight, uncomfortable, and clothes not fitting how they are supposed to!