People NOT commenting on your progress? :(

Options
124»

Replies

• Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I almost posted this exact same thread this morning :laugh:
    I have lost 25 pounds so far (12 since joining MFP) and no one at work, other than those who know I am dieting/exercising, have said a word.....until today. :smile: Finally had someone ask me if I had lost weight. Feel like I have been trying hard to get folks to notice with no luck. THat is more me looking for approval than anything else, I have always been that way, I guess. But I agree with the person who said to try on old clothes to see how far you've come. That works well for me. My current goal is to weigh less than my hubby. We currently have the same waist size, but I still have more to lose. Encouragement from my hubby helps a lot. Don't worry about others, just keep working at it and know we are all here to support you :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm more curious if you said you were at 160 something and had another 20 to go?? I'm 5'8" and I'm pretty fit and well off at 155-160... I would think to me 140 would be almost too much?? What's this magical number you pulled coming from if I may be so bold as to inquire? I'm a little curious!

But don't worry about what other people say- I'm surprised they didn't- I was around 165/170 and accidentally lost 10-15 lbs- and people were telling me I lost weight right and left- I denied it for months before I wound up at the doctors office and she said 156.. I was like- wait what??? I still over around 160- but that's almost 2 dress sizes I didn't realize I was capable of losing.

I didn't' care it- I was just surprised.

Don't worry about them- just keep doing what you are doing and go buy more fabulous clothes to show off your new sexy body. And rock that chit.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, your husband sees you naked, right? It's very possible he'll be the only person to see the most minute progress, because 15 lbs over 2 years is going to be very hard for people to notice. You look good in your pics--you probably looked good before, just maybe not as small.

I hope you don't instantly buy into the, "Other people are jealous!" comments. That is such a remarkably short-sighted, juvenile though process. Someone doesn't compliment someone on every thing, so they must be jealous and catty? These are the same sorts of people and mind-sets that say people are jealous/catty when people DO comment, "Wow, you look great!" or "Looks like you've lost weight!" It's much more likely people haven't noticed/always think you look good. Or the potential second possibility of, "Not sure if it's appropriate to comment on weight loss" thought people often have.

OP, keep doing what you're doing for you, and work on self-confidence that overrides any insecurity, doubt, or just general bummer-feeling from a lack of compliments (or awareness) from others.
  • amylite
    amylite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Is your friend overweight? If so, she may not want to bring up the subject because she doesn't want to have to think about her own weight issues. Enjoy your success, it doesn't hinge on what others think. :-)

Sorry in advance if this comes off like I'm whining.

I started my journey at 172lbs, 22lbs away from my "happy" weight and 27lbs away from my ultimate goal. (I'm 5'7" with med/large frame and fairly muscular) So far I've lost 15lbs, as well as almost 10 inches in my waist, thighs, and hips. This has taken me almost 2 years.. and has been a struggle mentally/emotionally and now that I've finally fixed that.. the physical transformation is taking place.

When I was at about 164 I couldn't really see a difference in my face (just started noticing looser pants, etc). Now that I'm at 157, I can see a big difference in my face, as well as all my clothes are much looser.

My problem is - I haven't had anyone (aside from my husband) comment on my progress. Even though my husband has commented, part of me knows he is fully aware of all the hard work I've been doing and I tell him all the time of my progress... and he's of course being sweet.

I have a friend who I consider somewhat close, who hasn't even bothered commenting on my weight loss when she is fully aware of my struggles, efforts, etc. I hadn't really seen her in a while and saw her twice over the past week... to which we talked about working out, exercising, etc., and I even subtly mentioned I only have about 7 lbs to my goal (she knows I started at 22lbs!), but still didn't comment.

If I had a friend who I knew was trying to lose weight, I would make sure I let them know they look great, especially if they told me they've lost "x" lbs (regardless of whether I could see or not). I wonder if I'm just being too sensitive and my expectations are too high. My husband speculates it could be the catty nature of women, and this particular friend has been having a reallly hard time losing weight too, so maybe she just doesn't want to acknowledge my weight loss. Bottom line is at least I know the progress is there, and I see it and will continue to push hard... I just can't wait until coworkers and friends actually start telling me.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Things get lost in my newsfeed. I don't have time to rifle through all that noise.

Dude you post random things in every thread. Every freaking thread. And you change your pic more often then most change their underwear. No time?

2AvtqcD.gif

Exactly. How am I supposed to continue posting in the forums and changing my picture if I have to dig through my newsfeed several times per day to go post "good job" on everyone's status updates?

Whierd, I think she was talking about offline. You know that place?

MkJuCO6.gif

The place where you go to work? Yeah, I visit that place. Don't like it.

And my my, you sure are snarky. Did I do something to get your panties in a bunch in the past? :huh:

Not snarky. Didn't you see the funny gifs? But yeah you did piss me off not once but twice, so it's fun to swat at you now and then (like a mosquito). You leave yourself wide open. And I don't work, yet I post way less than you. ;-) (that's a little winky so don't get your undies in a wad. Yuck I don't ever want to think of your undies again especially that close to the word wad :noway: ).

anyone else find it a bit odd that she's telling Whierd not to get his undies in a twist yet she is the one that admits some stranger posting on the internet has made her angry and now is proceeding to try to shame him?

Not me.

MFP has completely desensitized me to blatant hypocrisy and irony...

...to the point that I don't even notice it.
    I lolled at this I think someone is trying to attract whierds attention by pulling his pigtails if ya see what i mean if he wasn't bald that is! But who doesn't love whierd?

Clearly that person. :laugh:
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30 pounds and NO ONE has noticed. I need to lose about another 20-25. I'm in a size 12, was in a 16. However, I have been fairly sick on and off over the past 7 months and maybe my friends think the weight loss is due to me dying...not sure. (I'm not dying, btw). It would be nice to hear a compliment or two.

I think weight loss and weight gain is such a touchy subject these days and no one wants to offend anyone by saying the wrong thing.
  • blueskiesgreen
    Options
    The last few times I've dieted, my kryptonite has been people noticing my weight loss.

I worked so hard to achieve a visible difference that once I finally got there it was like "Alright, mission accomplished! Pass the chocolate!"

If it happens again this time, I'm going to try to channel it into motivation rather than satisfaction I reward with junk food! :P
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Things get lost in my newsfeed. I don't have time to rifle through all that noise.

Dude you post random things in every thread. Every freaking thread. And you change your pic more often then most change their underwear. No time?

2AvtqcD.gif

Exactly. How am I supposed to continue posting in the forums and changing my picture if I have to dig through my newsfeed several times per day to go post "good job" on everyone's status updates?

MkJuCO6.gif

And my my, you sure are snarky. Did I do something to get your panties in a bunch in the past? :huh:

Not snarky. Didn't you see the funny gifs? But yeah you did piss me off not once but twice, so it's fun to swat at you now and then (like a mosquito). You leave yourself wide open. And I don't work, yet I post way less than you. ;-) (that's a little winky so don't get your undies in a wad. Yuck I don't ever want to think of your undies again especially that close to the word wad :noway: ).

anyone else find it a bit odd that she's telling Whierd not to get his undies in a twist yet she is the one that admits some stranger posting on the internet has made her angry and now is proceeding to try to shame him?

Not me.

I lolled at this I think someone is trying to attract whierds attention by pulling his pigtails if ya see what i mean if he wasn't bald that is! But who doesn't love whierd?

I'll assume you're talking about the person that went back and forth w/ Whierd...

...and not me...

...because my comment was more on MFP in general than it was on Whierd specifically.

(Also, I can't decide if many people on MFP need to work on their reading comprehension...

...or if I need to be more clear in my posts. Probably some of both.)
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Every time Ive lost weight its taken about 20lbs before I started getting anyone commenting. I think a lot of people tend to keep their observations quiet until they are sure. Even then, lots probably just don't notice.

I know that if I lost 20lbs I could still be wearing all of my current wardrobe so... it's somewhat understandable.

You are doing awesome regardless!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The last few times I've dieted, my kryptonite has been people noticing my weight loss.

I worked so hard to achieve a visible difference that once I finally got there it was like "Alright, mission accomplished! Pass the chocolate!"

If it happens again this time, I'm going to try to channel it into motivation rather than satisfaction I reward with junk food! :P

that's what you are missing.... it isn't a "you've arrived" kind of thing.it's daily- on going- life battle. There is no "WINNING"

sure you can get to a target weight- but then you have to maintain- and there will always be more goals to chase. So stop looking at the end goal as XXX lbs or XXX size... start looking at is like- I'm going to be the most kick *kitten* me as possible... and I want to tackle XX goal (insert goal- lift XX pounds- run XX distance or run 5 miles XX fast)

Life long struggle

#thestruggle
    #fitforlife
    #thishashtag****isoutofcontrol
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't notice anything - weight loss, new clothes not even new hairstyles so I must be really oblivious. I don't do it to be mean, I just honestly don't notice or remember. You shouldn't be offended just be happy with your own progress and keep your eye on the prize (target weight). I'm doing this for myself - I want to be healthy and have energy. If someone notices then YEAH, if not that's okay too...it's for me!

Good luck and keep working hard :drinker:
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options

2AvtqcD.gif

MkJuCO6.gif

Not me.

I'll assume you're talking about the person that went back and forth w/ Whierd...

...and not me...

...because my comment was more on MFP in general than it was on Whierd specifically.

(Also, I can't decide if many people on MFP need to work on their reading comprehension...

...or if I need to be more clear in my posts. Probably some of both.)
    Sorry jof, yes meant that person! :flowerforyou:
    And whierd, an accurate assessment I fear, can't win em all!
    MFP messing with my posts grrr :angry: