Would you run/work out in a sports bra?

Options
12346»

Replies

• bekkahlokey
    Options
    If I didn't have to wear more than 1 bra (sports and regular) while running or any other similar activity, I'd totally rock one once I felt more comfortable with my body.
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    At home; alone; in my basement. I did last week. In public- never. But I'm 47 years old. If I was 27 maybe.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    At home I do, but at the gym I sweat WAY too much to go without a tshirt - even when I wasn't at the weight I am at now! I just think it would be disrespectful to other gym goers and I don't want to waste more time wiping down equipment even more than normal because of it!

Also, I live in Florida, so it's more or less the "norm" here to wear sports bra's.

(Gross, I know!)
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do when I'm at home because it's most comfortable to me. If I had killer abs I'd definitely do it outside too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    this is my standard attire for ze workouts.

20130518_192105_zpsc189f913.jpg
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do at home sometimes while my 4yo daughter constantly asks me why im not wearing a shirt and why she has to...

We live out in the country and I'm contemplating running in one I still have some stomach but its too damned hot here sometimes. I mow in a sports bra bc it takes me and my husband working together 2 1/2 hours to mow our yard
  • rkleespies
    rkleespies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Typically I'll wear a shirt, but I had to get a run in a few weeks ago when it was really hot and humid outside. Even though I'm still 26% BF and pale as a ghost, I opted to go in just a sports bra. Sometimes modesty has to take a backseat to comfort ;-)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I do live in california and loads of women at my local "Y" , do workout in a sports bra and they look great..i admire them..but i dont think i will ever be brave enough to do that...do not have the figure to carry it off and also i am too shy :blushing:
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    If I had a rockin body I'd run in a thong and pasties!
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I would run in a moisture-wicking shirt (you could overheat if the sun dries all your sweat as fast as your body can produce it I've read from various running studies), but for lifting, I would say, as long as it's safe and does not hinder your posture or safety, go for it... I would totally rock those abs! (when I finally get them to peek out....I'm getting there). But I'm not a doctor or an expert by any stretch!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

There is an old lady who rocks those and roller blades in a town near mine. If she can own it anyone can.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't see working out in sports bra as an issue. I never will, but not because of looks or anything. I sweat and drip when I work out. Having on light clothing absorbs the water and keeps my body from dripping on the floor. It is hard enough to wipe the sweat off my face before it drips or sprays anyone else, ewwww. So I at least wear a tank over my sports bra.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

BAWha ha ha ha ha

hysterical- I wouldn't- to much bouncing- all bad- all directions.

But I'd pay to see that for sure!!!

I personally dislike the idea of people LIFTING in sports bras- only because it's more skin on equipment that doesn't get cleaned off so much- so that skeeve me out a little. I only dance with no shirt on really.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    At home or in a class, perhaps, if it was hot and I felt comfortable enough. Outside, no probably not. My general running route is on an extremely busy road during rush hour so I probably wouldn't feel comfortable....but mostly because of boob bounce not stomach exposure. If I had smaller boobs I may feel more comfortable.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have a small midsection and chest, so I can pull off the "sports bra run" without thinking twice about it. I don't do it that often though because my "public appropriate" sports bra isn't that comfortable. (my comfy sports bras have back clasps, but are also less thick in the nips area, so I prefer to wear a shirt over them!) A lot of sports bras are DESIGNED to be worn alone, it's not underwear! Some of course aren't, like my comfy back-clasp ones. I don't sports bras as anything sexual lol, they are sports attire, many of them meant to be worn alone.

I see plenty of women running in sports bras where I live, even if they don't have abs! No big deal, do what's most comfortable for you! You don't need to have anything to "show off" to wear one, just be comfortable. I have the utmost respect for women who are out there working it no matter what they look like!!!!