feeling dizzy

While I also would like to loose weight my main goal has to be eating cleaner and healthier and move around a bit more. I am not keeping track of calories. (I know, I know- but becoming focused on calories has not worked well in the past.) It has been going well and I feel a ton better and have lost some weight as well. However about once every two weeks it seems that I do not eat enough and I end up feeling dizzy and low energy though not really hungry. I am sure it is not healthy. Is this a sign of too low sugar or not enough protein?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Hard to tell if you don't track your food. Without an open diary we don't know what you eat therefore no way to know what you are lacking.
  • I would think you definitely need more protein. I am basing this on past experience, not any medical knowledge. If you track what you eat, not even count calories, you'll have a better idea of what you're actually consuming. You could look at patterns to see what you've eaten on the days you feel dizzy. Good luck!
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    could be low in iron or anemic, could be blood sugar. Only your doctor can answer that for you.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Do you take a multivitamin? I take a daily that has iron in it...supposed to be for kids but the adult iron supplements make me feel ill. It doesn't cover all the bases but it can help if you are missing on any of the basic stuff.

But I would definitely suggest tracking your meals, marking the days you are dizzy and if you don't see the pattern then ask your doctor to look it over with you.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Tracking your calories would enable you to see what your not getting enough of. Try it for a week it can only help.