Ideas on how to spruce up water?

Options
I am trying to get more water in my diet (not just via food and coffee/tea). I really dislike water. The only way I can choke it down is if something is mixed with it. All of the drink mixes I have found (crystal light, for example) have citric acid in them. citric acid is no good for the teeth. any ideas or products you may have found? I prefer to stay away from juice due to sugar and calorie content. Thank you.

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I like to fill up my large water bottle and put in 2 tea bags - fruit flavored ones - and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, just shake the bottle and you've got yummy iced tea :) My favorites are Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger and the Blueberry one.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    What you mean choke it down? it has no flavor. Like air with texture.

ice is really good in water. you ever tried that?
  • jigenigma
    jigenigma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like "infused" water--the night before add mint, berries, cucumber, ginger, etc. to your water and let it soak overnight..it gives the slightly hint of flavor without all those calories.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love it with lemons and limes sliced up. So simple and delicious!
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like "infused" water--the night before add mint, berries, cucumber, ginger, etc. to your water and let it soak overnight..it gives the slightly hint of flavor without all those calories.
    ^^This
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Squeeze a lemon in it.

Or maybe some scotch...... :drinker:
  • rosemary98
    rosemary98 Posts: 632
    Options
    all good ideas. thank you. just curious with the lemon and lime suggestions...wouldn't the citric acid be bad for your teeth, or is it in such a diluted amount it wouldn't matter?

Yes, I mean choke water down. i don't like it because it isn't tasty in and of itself...so in order to consume it...it needs to have a nice taste.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Ice... :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    bubbles and lime...vodka on occasion.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    get it from a sink instead of bottles. usually tastes better
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love it with lemons and limes sliced up. So simple and delicious!

Me too :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to fill up my large water bottle and put in 2 tea bags - fruit flavored ones - and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, just shake the bottle and you've got yummy iced tea :) My favorites are Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger and the Blueberry one.

Herbal tea bags are a great idea. There are so many flavors, plus you can make it just as strong (or weak) as you like.

Twinings Wild Berry

Stash Lemon Ginger
  • jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I drink infused water too... I call it Spa water. Just think of hotels, like JWMarriott. They always have a few different flavors with fruit floating in them. I'll experiment but I always include cucumbers, ginger, and lemon and then add whatever other fruit is looking close to dead in the fridge (grapefruit, limes, watermelon, strawberries, cantalope, plums... etc.) VERY YUMMY!!!
  • sinthia619
    sinthia619 Posts: 15
    Options
    Try Mio
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    This is the ultimate first world problem and it really crushes my view of humanity to see grown adults complain about drinking water.

tumblr_mg4u3rdNd61s1ly4go1_500.gif
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Try Mio

Citric acid ...... I can't use this either.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf tea as my water Celestial Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai Tea,Celestial herbal Country Peach Passion,Bigelow Wild Blueberry Acai Herb Plus,Bigelow Mint Medley HerbTea,Bigelow Green Tea Decaf with Mango,Bigelow Rasberry Royale tea.I make them Ice Tea 2 bags in a little tea kettle everyday. I love them.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Try Mio

+1 Lemonade flavour is awesome.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    This is the ultimate first world problem and it really crushes my view of humanity to see grown adults complain about drinking water.

tumblr_mg4u3rdNd61s1ly4go1_500.gif

30421792.jpg
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Lemon wedges, watermelon cubes, mint leave sprigs, strawberries. Leave them in a pitcher of water overnight.