Digestive problems...?

Options
2»

Replies

• scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Success Report! None of my medicines worked!! BUT, my Paleo lifestyle has worked tremendously!!! It took a good 6 weeks but once I stopped eating grains and dairy, I am soooooooooo regular...Like every day regular. Super happy! And if I slip and eat bread I can tell a difference.....I can't believe my doctors did not go over this with me....

Sounds likely that might really have been a gluten intolerance after all, especially if it flairs up again if you eat bread. My understanding is that there isn't a blood test that can reliably diagnose non-celiac gluten intolerance, and the only way to really know is to try an elimination diet. Glad to know you had success!
  • lemonmon1
    lemonmon1 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you done the elimination diet? My friend did it and found out that both gluten and dairy bothered her. She avoids both and feels great now! Those are two foods that cause a lot of problems for many people and are just not worth eating!
  • wesmith2
    wesmith2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am reporting AGAIN that the Paleo lifestyle has worked wonders for me! So many test were ran and nothing was "abnormal" to my doctors. I sleep better. I have more energy. The most important....I use the bathroom daily not by meds once a week :( That was horrible! Before you get on meds, if you have not tried it....try cutting out wheat and dairy. You have to be a little creative w/your meals BUT it is so worth it! Do the research and try it. Good luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read this. Hopefully someone has answered your question.
    But wow, your hair is so purdy!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    apple cider vinegar
    cayenne pepper
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just a thought, but anxiety and stress can lead to extreme digestive problems sometimes without physical reasons! Take care of yourself friend!
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues I have IBS and I am Lactose intolerance. Have you done the elimination diet, I also have Interstitial cystitis which is a chronic condition characterized by a combination of uncomfortable bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pain in your pelvis, which can range from mild burning or discomfort to severe pain. Its basically a ulcer in your bladder. Its horrible I was getting kidney infection all the time. Plus I was peeing 30 times a day...no joke. My bladder was inflamed and my bladder could only hold the size of a coke can. Diet is the only way I got better. I had to eliminate all spicy foods, chocolate, Acidic foods, soda...etc. When I did this I got better and I lost a lot of weight. I try to still keep that diet but I do cheat sometimes. My body is a mess right now cause I have really bad asthma and was sick in the hospital 2 times this year and was put on steroids and gained
    30 pds. I really think you should do the elimination diet. Also did you test for food allergies, not the blood test the skin test.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    also what r u eating...your food diary is empty