Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do I do with these sun dried tomatoes I have?

Confuzzled4ever
Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
Ok.. i have sun dried tomatoes.. i mean fresh ones.. not jarred or canned. that i got from natural grocers bulk food section..
A. how to I use them (as in do I have to rehydrate them before using or do anything special???)
B. Gimmie a stellar recipe for them!

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    bump
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Eat them with salads, mix them into pasta, put them on a pizza
  • I would julienne them then mix them into some ricotta cheese along with some chopped fresh spinach and seasonings. Flatten chicken breast, spread with mixture, roll up and bake 30 minutes.

I love this sauce from this recipe on tuna. It says to use oil packed but you can substitute with great results. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/italian-easy-whitefish-artichokes-olives-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe.html
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 437 Member
    I seen chefs do the following with them

Puree them with olive oil so its like a paste for crackers
    Pizzas
    Toss them with pasta(adds a nice flavour)
    Chunky sundried tomato pasta sauce
    Sun dried tomato pesto
    Sun dried tomato spicy jelly
    Tomato chutney
    Tossed with salads
    Tomato Pesto
    Tomato Soup
  • Terree_G
    Terree_G Posts: 69 Member
    They make a fantastic addition to an ordinary tomato (pasta) sauce.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    They're great in a spinach omelette or on a pizza, with goat cheese if possible. Also yummy in hummus, or white bean dip.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    I like simple foods so I usually just do something like angel hair pasta, olive oil, the tomatoes and roasted pine nuts, or the pasta, olive oil, tomatoes and goat cheese.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Fettuccine Alfredo with sundried tomatoes. Invite me over.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Thank you all!! i have quite a bit of them, so I'll try a few of these!!!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    and to the poster who posted the link thank you ! i tried one as is.. and knew I had to do something to it. soak them in water. duh! LOL

I have most of the ingredients for a lot of the recipes posted above. I can't wait to do something with them tomorrow!
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    personal pizzas or pasta with pesto, olives, mozzarella
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    I wouldn't rehydrate them. I love the tangy concentrated taste of sun dried.mmmm. Sometimes I just eat them like dried fruit.