On starting my 10 day detox diet...

Options
Hello, I have decided to try my hand at detoxing. I want to challenge myself with this with the hopes that it will help me with eating healthier. I have chosen to do the master cleanse the lemon/syrup/cayanne pepper one. I have read mixed reviews on it and my conclusion is that it will not be easy. Anyhow I am getting started this week and I will track my progress for you in case you were thinking about it yourself.

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Please be safe. You only have one YOU.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I think this is a horrible idea, but I wish you the best of luck.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Personally any kind of "detox" makes me nervous.

I wish you luck, and if you're interested here is an article from webmd about the cleanse

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-lemonade-diet-master-cleanse-diet
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. I felt horrible and by day three I gave it up.

Your body has amazing ways of detoxing itself. Just eat clean and drink more water.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just.....no.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Um good luck with that. You won't find very many people on MFP who are supportive of cleanses. I gave the syrup a day long trial just to see what it was about. Lemony spicy sugar water is certainly weird to drink.

If you're dead set on doing it, just be sure to listen to your body. If you start getting lethargic or faint or feeling anything unusual before your 10 days is up, don't hesitate to come off it early. People have been put in the hospital by doing this because they didn't pay attention to how they were feeling.
  • clarklynch
    clarklynch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this! I did Reboot with Joe for 10 days and it kick started me into eating less without constant thoughts of food. I had a lot of comments from people about that too. Be safe regardless what you try.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have decided to try my hand at detoxing. I want to challenge myself with this with the hopes that it will help me with eating healthier. I have chosen to do the master cleanse the lemon/syrup/cayanne pepper one.

3250091087_60d5ee9cd3.jpg
  • tiffany011191
    tiffany011191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did the master cleanse last year and it really wasn't that bad. I lost about 10 pounds or water weight in 4 or 5 days. After the third day it is easy and I didn't crave food and especially not junk or fatty foods. I've read where people experienced headaches and dizziness, but I didn't experience any of these symptoms. For the most part I felt fine, I just was hungry at times, but that's when I would drink my lemonade. It's just mind over matter. For me keeping a daily general about why I was doing the cleanse and telling myself that I could get through the cleanse helped me out tremendously. Good luck!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That sure sounds healthy! Just don't do anything crazy, like eating fruits, vegetables and lean proteins in moderate amounts and exercise. Make sure to try everything else first.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    what toxin are you trying to cleanse???
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    im scared get ready to be flamed
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Gee, what would be wrong with living on lemonade, syrup and pepper for 10 days? Not sure what you think that will cleanse but good luck with that. Sounds about as far from a good thing to do as I can think of.

ETA: And you have a 5 week old baby? That makes it even a more ridiculous idea!
  • Clovermoth
    Clovermoth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have done this cleanse! I did ten days :) I enjoyed the drink, lost ten pounds and totally gained control over my eating.

Unfortunately it was only a short time solution. In the long run I gained the weight back even after starting an exercise regime once off the cleanse. I also lost control of my eating habits and became worse after a month off the cleanse.

Many people have had success at this cleanse and many people haven't. I wish you much luck in this!! I have done this cleanse three times and I know that in my case that it just isn't a solution for myself. Make sure that while on it to not listen to any negative people. This is your life not theirs. Keep a journal, that helped me keep on track while on the cleanse. Remember even if you can do just three days on the cleanse that's huge in willpower and use that willpower to enforce a healthy eating and exercise regime for when you decide that you are finished.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have done this cleanse! I did ten days :) I enjoyed the drink, lost ten pounds and totally gained control over my eating.

Unfortunately it was only a short time solution. In the long run I gained the weight back even after starting an exercise regime once off the cleanse. I also lost control of my eating habits and became worse after a month off the cleanse.

Many people have had success at this cleanse and many people haven't. I wish you much luck in this!! I have done this cleanse three times and I know that in my case that it just isn't a solution for myself. Make sure that while on it to not listen to any negative people. This is your life not theirs. Keep a journal, that helped me keep on track while on the cleanse. Remember even if you can do just three days on the cleanse that's huge in willpower and use that willpower to enforce a healthy eating and exercise regime for when you decide that you are finished.

I'm really curious. You failed this three times and ended up gaining the weight back and losing control of yourself but in the same post you write:

Make sure that while on it to not listen to any negative people

You know at some point, being honest with someone over the internet takes a greater priority than protecting their feelings.

It's a foolish idea.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I'm really curious. You failed this three times and ended up gaining the weight back and losing control of yourself but in the same post you write:

You know at some point, being honest with someone over the internet takes a greater priority than protecting their feelings.

It's a foolish idea.

^ listen.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It's a foolish idea.

yes-gif.7170
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think this is a horrible idea, but I wish you the best of luck.

I second this!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    is your body not naturally de-toxing? Did you stop peeing and pooping?