Calling All Runners!

Options
Now I personally prefer weight lifting over cardio. I like feeling tough and of course I love the stare from guys as if they've never seen a girl lift before in the gym. However, cardio is still a necessity and whether it's running, eliptical, zumba, aerobics, etc it has to be done. (Besides, who doesn't love the attractive beads of sweat sliding down your face? :wink:) I want to know what you guys listen to in the gym that motivates you! What songs make you run another minute or two when you feel your legs turning to jello? I definitely need to update my ipod and I'm definitely open to suggestions. Lately "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons and "C'mon" by Ke$ha has got me going.

I hope this is in the right thread. :blushing:
Feel free to add!

Replies

• SqueakyXO
    SqueakyXO Posts: 2
    Options
    I completely agree with you. Running is the main thing I start all of my work-outs with, and getting stares from the guys when weight-lifting, pretty stinking awesome. When running though, I would usually listen to any kind of country music (big country fan), or if I want to listen to something other than that genre (which is rare), I'd choose One Direction, or We The Kings. Hope this is helpful to you. :)
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Girl Talk and embarrassing pop.

Stuff like Daft Punk, Kavinsky, The Peaches, Gravey Train!!!, Crystal Castles.
  • ohmyquaddd
    ohmyquaddd Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with you. Running is the main thing I start all of my work-outs with, and getting stares from the guys when weight-lifting, pretty stinking awesome. When running though, I would usually listen to any kind of country music (big country fan), or if I want to listen to something other than that genre (which is rare), I'd choose One Direction, or We The Kings. Hope this is helpful to you. :)
    Even though I'm not a huge One Direction fan, I LOVE the song "Kiss You"..another one that gets me running! LOVEEEEEEE We The Kings. Thanks! :)
  • ohmyquaddd
    ohmyquaddd Posts: 83 Member
    Options

LOL we all have our guilty pleasures! Love Daft Punk and their song "Get Lucky" hahahah. Never heard of the others, but I'll be sure to check them out. :) Thanks!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options

LOL we all have our guilty pleasures! Love Daft Punk and their song "Get Lucky" hahahah. Never heard of the others, but I'll be sure to check them out. :) Thanks!

Oh when I say guilty pleasures.. I don't mean Daft Punk. Think more along the lines of that new Jonas Brothers song. It is so catchy! And Little Mix and other brit pop groups, and David Guetta has a great beat in his stuff too.

Girl Talk is a total win for running though. Daft Punk did the soundtrack to Tron and has some great beats.

Kavinsky has a song called Nightcall I love.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Options
    Ooh. And Call on Me. By Eric something I think. The music video is that cheesy sexy aerobics class. Oh man. Love running to that song.
  • esjayfit
    esjayfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try Macklemore - Can't Hold Us
    Lady GaGa - Edge of Glory
    Usher - More
    Robin Thick - Blurred Lines
    Swayze - Get U Home

I find all these songs have parts throughout that really get you to want to go faster.