Hunger after a meal?

Options
I had a pretty good dinner of grilled chicken and broccoli but im still hungry. I ate well enough all day, got in about 1500 cals.

What gives?

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    You're still hungry? haha I don't think there's much more too it. Have some fruit or whatever fits into your day and sounds good.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well im upset that im hungry after all that i ate. I dont want to go over my calories :(
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Big work out the day before? I always find myself hungry the next day. And some days I'm just really effing hungry. I'd say try drinking some tea, maybe some unflavoured pop corn? Don't be upset that you're still hungry, despite what we like to think you're body doesn't always run the way we like it to, maybe today it worked a little bit harder and needs a wee bit more fuel in the tank?
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Or you might be thirsty. Sometimes hunger is not for food but for hydration.
  • bubblehead21
    bubblehead21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sometimes you feel hungry when in reality you may be a little dehydrated. Drink more water or even a fizzy drink to feel full.
    This may sound gross... but check your pee, if it is not nearly clear then you are dehydrated. Your pee should only have a slight tinge of yellow... very light, clear is good.
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need a complex carb along with your chicken and broccoli, like a serving of cooked brown rice or sweet potatoes. You'd be surprised how much a small amount of a complex carbs can fill you up and keep you full. I try to get a combination of complex carbs and protein with every meal. You may also need a healthy fat, like olive oil, almonds, or an avocado. I only eat one serving once a day, and I usually do so at my hungriest time because it fills you up as well. Good luck!
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I would say to drink more water or you can just have something really small like with only 30 calories and some tea.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I agree with the carbs or add more vegetables if needed. They are low in calories and can fill you up if you have a lot of them. I've been eating brussel sprouts a lot with dinner lately to get rid of that still-hungry feeling.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I know everybody says that protein fills you up, but protein without carbs or fat has the complete opposite effect on me. I'm usually hungry again within an hour. I wonder if you're experiencing the same since chicken and broccoli is pretty low in fat / carbs.

For example, this past weekend I was trying to clean out my fridge before I left town. I made an omelet with 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, tomatoes, onions, spinach, a chicken sausage and a small amount (just under 1/8 of a cup) of cheese. It tasted great and should have been pretty filling...but I was hungry within an hour. If I just eat steak and green beans? Same issue. Add a little piece of bread & butter and I'm fine. Try and add a complex carb or 'good' fat and see if that helps at all. That's all I can suggest, just based on personal experience. I know it's frustrating!
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I hate that feeling. :grumble:
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Carbs, comples or simple, are the least filling food. How much protein and fat did you get from the chicken?