Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• FancyNancyMommyPants
    Options
    " To dream that you have your teeth knocked out, denotes sudden misfortune"
    :( Thank goodness these meanings are probably inaccurate!

http://www.experienceproject.com/dream-dictionary/Teeth-dreams
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of going under or over bridges but I'm terrified when I have to stop on a bridge.
    I'm scared of driving behind trucks with ladders, pipes, or wood on them. I constantly picture the gruesome ways I could die if they are not secured properly.
  • Lady_Clarington
    Lady_Clarington Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Clowns. I'm not sure if its fear or just such a level of disgust and hatred. But I can't stand to be near them.

Anything else I can deal with, spiders, being paralysed, lions, guns and bleeding, dislocated limbs, the idea that I might under the influence of medication put my hand in the blender and turn it on....
  • ashb811
    ashb811 Posts: 17
    Options
    Pickles... Ahh I hate them so much. Even seeing them in the grocery store makes my stomach churn and my palms get sweaty.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Sitting by a window when it's dark out if the blind or curtain is open.

Me too!!!! All blinds must be closed when it's dark or I get freaked. I'm always expecting to look out and see a creepy white face or something.

Also, really deep water.

Yes, I have some of this. Don't like to not be able to see what is coming next. Realized this when I got into a really long covered water slide and I started to panic a little. Being blindfolded or being in a dark room doesn't bother me though.
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of running out of gas while driving and being in any car that sounds remotely like it needs to be serviced. I have no logical explanation for this. I have never been in a bad car accident and the only time I was in a car that ran out of gas, the gas station was a block away and my father just walked up the street, got a gallon and brought it back. We were moving again in 15 minutes.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    clowns :embarassed:
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of telephone conversations! LOL!
    I get sweaty palms, racing heart, dry throat.
    Literally will only ust the phone if I have no other choice. if you're a stranger and you ring me, I ain't picking up! LOL!
    I can't even order take-aways on the phone.

it is ridiculous. and I don't even care!
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    Knocking out my teeth. I have nightmares all the time where my teeth fall out or get knocked out, and it freaks me OUT. haha. I check daily to make sure they're not loose!

I used to have dreams about this. I was told it means you feel like you're not in control of your life. I just thought it meant I didn't brush enough! :D
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Ceiling Fans I have not anchored myself.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    tumblr_l7bez8D8wb1qzd3rjo1_400.jpg
    trypophobia.jpg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, 'Daddy check for monsters under my bed.' I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, 'Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.' "

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1iwylh/what_is_the_best_horror_story_you_can_come_up/
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mascots...
    Bridges that go over water
    If I'm bench pressing, I'm terrified of the bar slipping out of my hands, falling on my face and breaking my teeth. :ohwell:

You did say weird right?
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    Frogs! Yikes!!
  • Spyder_Queen
    Options
    Scissors. Not sure why, I'm just terrified of them!
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Crumpets.

Or anything with lots of holes.

So thanks to that *kitten* for the pictures above, now I feel like I need to peel my skin off with a potato peeler...
  • cns94
    cns94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    sneezing while i drive. i'm terrified of swerving into someone else's lane because i can't see when i'm having a sneeze attack! haha
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Mice. Really, that's the only thing I'm super terrified of. I start acting like a stereotypical woman in a cartoon, all standing on the furniture and stuff. It's irrational, but there it is.

I'm not too fond of antique dolls, either. I also have a weird phobia about driving my car into a lake; I think about it whenever driving anywhere near one. And I live in prime BC lake country, so that's a lot.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mice. Really, that's the only thing I'm super terrified of. I start acting like a stereotypical woman in a cartoon, all standing on the furniture and stuff. It's irrational, but there it is.

I'm not too fond of antique dolls, either. I also have a weird phobia about driving my car into a lake; I think about it whenever driving anywhere near one. And I live in prime BC lake country, so that's a lot.

The lake thing has always been a concern for me as well. Saw this happen a couple of weeks ago, luckily both driver and passenger made it our of their fully submerged SUV alive. Scary.

Wax museums scare me- courtesy of House of Wax.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Alzheimer's/Dementia.
    Getting shingles again ( on the face, lesions on the eyeballs, unrelenting itching rash and burning nerve pain 24 hrs. a day for 8 months).