Need Help with Plateau!

Options
I've been around this weight for about a year now and I still have another 10 to 15 to lose! I can't seem to make any real headway...let m know if you have any ideas. I believe my diary is open if you'd like to check, though since I have a fitbit my activity does not show up.

- I have been eating paleo and doing pilates for 1 year, goals set at .5 pound/loss per week.
- For this past year, I have been (successfully) recovering from several intestinal infections that affected my health in a variety of ways, but my bloodwork has looked good since April.
- In the last month I've gotten a fitbit, increased my cardio gently, changed my setting to 1 lb/week
- I initially lost weight wen I was diagnosed and altered my diet (5 pounds) but nothing really since then

I have good muscle tone, especially upper body, but a ton of jiggle around the midsection. I have noticed with the fitbit that my waist is a bit more defined, but I have gained a pound. My current BF% is 25%, and I'd like to get down to 22%.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Replies

• chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology daily! I think it is starting to enhance my results, I'm doing T25 and Shakeology right now and have gotten out of my rut! I have been hovering the same for a few months now! it is NON GMO, no chemicals, no artificial sweeteners, and not full of synthetic vitamins... I haven't tried it yet but it also has vegan flavors!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    these are somethings ive read on fitness mag:

-You dont drink enough water, we should drink at least half our body weight and a bit more if you eat a lot of fiber.
    -You skimp on protein,depends on weight but most women should get 40-80g.
    -Your numbers are off, check your BMR
    -You sit at a desk all day?, need to get up more often
    -You work out regularly, makes you retain water (super hydration) here they advice to just keep doing your thing and staying off scale.
    -Your a stress case, cortisol problems causing slow metabolism

weigh in monthly or longer to see a change. good luck!
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    -You dont drink enough water, we should drink at least half our body weight and a bit more if you eat a lot of fiber.

You are misremembering the formula. Drinking 70 lbs of water (or about 8.5 gallons of water) in a day will kill you. Please don't attempt. :(

The actual stat is take the number you weigh (in pounds), then drink half that number in ounces.
  • singitella
    singitella Posts: 40
    Options
    Come over to my house. It will give me a good excuse to use the full gym we built in the third bay of our garage. I'm paleo (formerly low carb looking into clean eating) and love my fitbit- I park further away if I have it on. Plus, I found some awesome HIIT workouts for the pool. Best ever!
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would look into doing some circuit/HIIT training to help shock your body on a new workout. You can also try changing your workout around, like changing days of doing certain exercises. Getting past a plateau is always the hardest thing to do, but you have to find a way to add a change to what you are doing. If you do something to long, your body starts to just hit a stopping point. Try changing up your workouts a little, that should help out.

Sent a friend request to ya.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options

You are misremembering the formula. Drinking 70 lbs of water (or about 8.5 gallons of water) in a day will kill you. Please don't attempt. :(

The actual stat is take the number you weigh (in pounds), then drink half that number in ounces.

Thanks for the life-saving correction...and thanks to all. I get a ton of water everyday, at least 10k steps a day, lots of protein, and BMR has been triple checked. It looks like I could just be retaining fluid due to the recent increase in cardio, and I could stand a few HIT workouts. Thanks for the ideas, everyone. Now I have somewhere to start!