Weird things you're afraid of...

Options

Replies

• tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    monkeys....they are plague carrying rodents who can use hand tools. they freak me out.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    monkeys....they are plague carrying rodents who can use hand tools. they freak me out.

scary-monkey1.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mm61m8pGzA1snufpco1_500.gif
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    We all have fears, but the only genuine phobia I still have is of... roller coasters! :sad:
    :huh: :yawn:
    Seriously. Yeah, it's a damn shame cuz I LOVE amusement parks, get season passes annually, and will ride everything BUT the big roller coasters. (I can handle the smaller ones) I even regularly watch Travel Channel's "Roller Coaster Wars" and get all kinds of excited! :happy: Irony, much?

I kept it secret for years due to extreme embarrassment (big ol' 6'4" dude won't get on a ride that a 10 year old will). However, a couple of years ago I read that Dwayne Johnson (aka 'The Rock') has the same phobia. I don't run around bragging, but it's not quite so embarrassing now. Fortunately, it's a phobia that doesn't affect my day-to-day life.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Pickles... Ahh I hate them so much. Even seeing them in the grocery store makes my stomach churn and my palms get sweaty.
    Why? I don't get it
    scary-pickle-face.jpg
  • 123im4u2c
    123im4u2c Posts: 63
    Options
    I have PTSD after being a victim of a robbery at gunpoint! I have many fears because of it,
    and believe it or not it's the reason I have just joined! I want to lose weight I have put on from medication,
    and find ways to rev my metabolism because since the incident I developed thyroid disease (Graves )
    which is hyperthyroid! It controls everything in your body, and since I have never dieted or had to watch my weight
    this is driving me bonkers and causing more stress! I am a former fitness buff, I walk two miles a day, work out 1hour,
    at least 3 times a week and also lift weights on my so called rest days! Oh btw, I am 60 years old and a mom mom of two!
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :sick: I was gonna say anything with lots of holes.. 'specially in skin. Those pics above were horrifying, I feel like vomiting right now...

I also have a fear of ghosts and mirrors at night..
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm deathly scared of crazy cat ladies
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    omg i have so many irrational fears!!
    +death/cancer, first of all. this fear has gotten better with exercise though :D
    +flying & heights. even though i'm aware the odds are in my favor when i fly. i don't like defying gravity, it just feels wrong.
    +feet! they disgust meeee. i don't like being barefoot either.
    +i also gag at the thought of swallowing anything while brushing my teeth. blech. i'm sure i could think of more, i'm weird.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Crickets. Omg.

And cockroaches got added to that list when I moved here. I have a serious phobia of bugs with crunchy exoskeletons. Yucky. :(
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pregnant women.
    Losing my hair again.
    Water- sea water.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The only one that I have that other people would consider weird is dogs. I am so afraid of dogs.
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    frogs! horrible, creepy, scary frogs!
    and birds! i'm afraid of their beaks!
    and fish! i can't swim in a lake and i can't even sit by a fist tank at a doctor's office!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    i
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    omg i have so many irrational fears!!
    +death/cancer, first of all. this fear has gotten better with exercise though :D
    +flying & heights. even though i'm aware the odds are in my favor when i fly. i don't like defying gravity, it just feels wrong.
    +feet! they disgust meeee. i don't like being barefoot either.
    +i also gag at the thought of swallowing anything while brushing my teeth. blech. i'm sure i could think of more, i'm weird.

Aww! I also have a major fear of cancer right now. Just had a scary health scare a few months ago; basically I was sick for six months straight and having symptoms that really mirrored ovarian cancer. I'm pretty young to have it- but it's not unheard of. And I was WIGGING. On top of it, though, I lost my stepmother and a cousin- both to cancer- within a 48 hour period at the beginning of December. My grandmother's dying of lung cancer, my mom's seriously at risk of lung cancer (major COPD right now) and my dad almost certainly has prostate cancer (getting more detailed results next week). I feel like I'm so surrounded by cancer everywhere I go. It seems to always be on my mind these days, which has lead to some real paranoia. I'm exercising and eating better now partially to recover from the weight I gained while I was sick, and also because I want to prevent similar illness in the future! It's crazypants.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    terrified of bees to the extent that if one comes into my classroom I make the kids get rid of it.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of the dark, I always sleep with the hall light on.
    I'm also claustrophobic which isn't great when I have to use a lift everyday as I live in a tower block.
    I forgot to add flying, although I think that's more to do with the claustrophobia!
  • yellowalien
    yellowalien Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    chickens!
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Pregnant women.
    Losing my hair again.
    Water- sea water.

Pregnant women? lol I'm 7 months...I'll try not to bare my teeth or growl at you. :tongue:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Snakes, heights, spiders, and aggressive dogs. Oh, and failure.