What is my Body Fat %?

Options
I filled out a bunch of online calculators and I got an average of 27% body fat. Does that seem right?

rqf8.jpg

snu5.jpg[/url]

aq6.JPG

ljlg.jpg

I'm 5'4, 115lbs, 26 yo female. Waist=26 inches, Hips=39 inches.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pics are kind of small, I would think closer to 20 - 22%.

get some calipers and measure that way ...
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vienna_h
    Options
    no one?
  • mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would agree with right around 20 or slightly higher. Definitely not 27.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    deff not! i am 26.6! and you are smaller for sure.. I agree with 20%
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    around 20%
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    No way you're 27. I'm 26 and I have a lot more visible fat on me. Low twenties I think, but if you're worried I'd go with the suggestion of a bf caliper.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but you are certainly not 27%. I'd agree with previous posters. Maybe 20-23.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    i would say less, I have a decently accurate scale and judging off what it gives me I would put you at 22.5% but could be anywhere from 21-24 but no more than 24
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You'll need unflexed like you already have, and flexed photos, to get an idea of body density.

I know plenty of skinny, really skinny, but high bodyfat % gals. A real lack of muscle allows more fat in there.

If you wore jeans that were tight, how much would muffin top over and how easily?

If you pinched an inch on back or front of leg, how much are you really grabbing?
  • dagolifts
    dagolifts Posts: 42
    Options
    great body
  • 123im4u2c
    123im4u2c Posts: 63
    Options
    Vienna,
    I am 5'2" and I weigh 129lbs
    I am on track with all my calculations My BMI 23.4 and the average is 25
    I have a water calculation of 53%
    bone mass 5.0 I work out, walk 2 miles a day, and lift weights! I am also 60 yrs old
    and a grandmother to two little ones! I have been taken to be in my 40's which is the
    age my son will be in November!
  • aalicia88
    aalicia88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Thank you for this site! I too have been trying to guesstimate my body fat percentage but all the websites I tried seemed too high (42%!!) or too low (23%). This site surprisingly gives me that in between that seems just accurate enough so that I can go back plug in the numbers again and track my progress. Tyvm :D
  • vienna_h
    Options

wow, it gave me 22%, thats very different from all the other online tools I used! but the others asked me for hip measurements as well, and this one didn't. My hips are where I carry all of my fat, so I'm wondering if that makes it less accurate.

I think I'm probably in between 22% (waist) and 27% (hips), so like 24 or 25% maybe?
  • vienna_h
    Options
    You'll need unflexed like you already have, and flexed photos, to get an idea of body density.

I know plenty of skinny, really skinny, but high bodyfat % gals. A real lack of muscle allows more fat in there.

If you wore jeans that were tight, how much would muffin top over and how easily?

If you pinched an inch on back or front of leg, how much are you really grabbing?

Good point, I don't have any flexed photos, but trust me you wouldn't notice a big difference :embarassed: I have a bit of definition on the abs, tiny little biceps, and sometimes some definition on my calves or quads just above the knee, but nothing remarkable. I'm definitely "skinny fat".

I very easily start getting some muffin top over my jeans, a good sized pinch, not flabbing over the jeans or hanging down, but still a good-sized pinch sitting above the jeans. I also got a bit hanging around the back and sides of my bra now, and forget wearing thigh-high stockings, makes my thighs look like a snowman.

I don't feel the muscle when I pinch my legs.

I might be "small" but my body is NOT tight :frown: