How do you sneak in exercise?

Options
Today at work, every time I visit the little girls room, I do 20 squats.
Sometimes, I'll do wall push ups instead but today has just been squats.

I spend my 9 hour work day behind a computer.

How do you sneak in exercise?

Replies

• FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm with you sister -- between the commute and the actual job, it's a very sedentary day.

On those days when I wake up a bit early, I squeeze in 10 to 15 mins. of light calisthenics while watching the a.m. news. Nothing special, just loosing up and pumping some blood and air through the systems. Good time to play with an exercise ball or band.

When I get to use the single bathroom (about twice a day) I do three sets of something --
    squats, wall push-ups, calf raises, leg raises, twists, even jumping jacks.

Good Luck!
  • REBEE17
    REBEE17 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You too!
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    That's hilarious! I do the same:

Getting to the office: 2 variations of going up the 5 flights of stairs: one with no arms and one with arms (pulling to add resistence)...Some days I do variation with arms and others without.

- 1st visit to the ladies room: 15-20 squats (always depends on whether someone comes in or not! LOL)
    -2nd visit: 1 minute front plank and two 30 second side planks (on counter, not on floor)
    - 3rd visit: combo of push-ups off counter and dips...
    -4th visit: wee... :-)

I sit ALL day at a desk job so I try to fit in as much as I can with the limtied time I have on breaks and lunch...
  • McWooey
    McWooey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    these are great ideas, and I will defo be doing this from now on as I sit at a desk from 9-5 also.

so I've decided today to do 15-20 squats and 15-20 plie squats with heel raise each time i go to the bathroom today

tomorrow i'll try something else

N
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I work from home, but I am not allowed to shower until I workout. Showering is one of my favorite things (I guess it's actually more putting on lotion and using my yummy smelling soap, but I can't do that without showering), so it's like a little mini-reward for working out. That is definitely enough for me to want to workout.
  • Kegsey55
    Kegsey55 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there are others doing exercise when going to the bathroom! I do squats in there!

When I go to the bathroom I take a detour on the way back - down the far set of steps for two floors, back along the corridor and up the near set of steps.