What type of exercise do you do on your lunch break?

Options
I get a 45 minute break for lunch. I tend to do about 15 minutes of cardio and about 10-15 minutes on strenght/abs. Then a quick shower.

I am trying to get the most out of my 30 minutes. So just looking to see what others do! Do you do specific exercise? Just cardio? Just weights?

:)

Replies

• briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    anyone? lol
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't really take a lunch break, although yesterday I took a little walk so I may do more of that. But today every time I'm in the bathroom I do some squats (I'm doing one of those 30 day squat challenges)
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I speed walk, for 45mins or more if I have an hour
  • louisemallas
    louisemallas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I walk 2.5 miles in 40 minutes so you could probably do 2 miles as it wouldn't involve anything more than a change of shoes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Monday - 10K training
    Tues - walk 4 miles or cycle 15 miles (recovery pace); I lift in the PM
    Wed - 10K training
    Thurs - walk 4 miles or cycle 15 miles (whichever I didn't do on Tues) (recovery pace); I lift in the PM
    Fri - 10K training
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I typically just do weights for 50 minutes over lunch. HIIT training and sports after work.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    On my lunch I do some type of cardio like running since I do my strength in the AM. Look up some good circuits, HIIT, plyometrics. You can get a lot done in half an hour. The workout is never the issue for me. It's always trying to cool down and not look like a big mess when I go back to work. My face is still red, still sweating after my shower, etc.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have lunch with my coworkers and then I power nap in my office.
    On week-ends, I have lunch (either by myself, with my parents or with my friends) and then doze off.

I might seem lazy, but I'm nothing but very energy-efficient.
  • MSmith74
    MSmith74 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My friend and I workout EVERYDAY on our lunch. Never miss one, unless we are gone or sick but if are at work we do our workout. --- totally committed! :)
    Right now we just picked up the new Shaun T workout called Focus T25. We are starting on Monday. Can't wait!!!
    But right now we are in a recovery week. So - Yoga, Stretch, Cardio Recovery, Core Cardio and Balance. But I sure do love a HIIT workout. :)
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I work in an Army Centre so everyone is big on the fitness kick, we have a gym here but 3 of us go into the drilll hall every lunch time and do insanity. There's loads of space and because everyone does fitness, we get that wee bit extra for lunch for a shower. Im very lucky to work here!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have an hour for lunch, quickly change my clothes/shoes and then hit the company gym. I do about 10-15 min of weights and then 40-45 min of walking on treadmill. I walk fast enough to get a workout but not so fast I'm dripping. I do half the incline I would do at home, again to avoid the sweating. I usually burn 300 calories during my lunch break.
  • busy91
    busy91 Posts: 15
    Options
    while the weather is still nice, I go for walks.
    I try to walk at a moderate pace non-stop, but living in NYC it is not that easy.
    But I try to walk 2 miles (20 blocks). Takes me about 30 min to do.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk or go to the gym. i usually burn about 300 cals. That's my main exercise. I eat my packed lunch at my desk beforehand
  • bpetrowski
    Options
    I have an hour lunch and between driving to the gym and changing that gives me about 30 minutes to workout. I usually do weight training. I can get in about 8-10 different exercises. Go to bodybuilding.com for workout routines if your new to weight training.:smile:
  • witmer1
    witmer1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I try to walk one or two miles, when my schedule allows. I do most of my exercising outside of work hours and just do my best to eat well since my job is not very physical.
  • angieochoa1201
    Options
    Since I only have 30 minute lunch break I climb the stairs for 7-10 minutes followed by jumping jacks in the stairway and lunges/squats in the hall. I sometimes go in the elevator and do abs...

On fridays I roller blade to a nearby Subway grab my sub and come back..
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    fork to mouth
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Ahh so envious of everyone! I can't take a lunch break. People are expected to work through lunch and it freaking sucks. There's not even a table in the kitchen. Only 8 days left of this job though!! :) Hopefully I can squeeze something into my lunch breaks at my next job.

ETA: Like someone else said, I do 20 squats every time I go to the bathroom though haha.
  • missdelajay
    missdelajay Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get 30 minutes so I walk the track
  • doug_pierce
    doug_pierce Posts: 255
    Options
    Cardio. My office gym has great cardio equipment (and not enough strength equipment) which works out great because my neighborhood gym has great strength equipment (and crappy cardio machines). I do strength in the morning and cardio at lunch.