Feeling really guilty after a whoopsie early hours of this m

Options
Feeling really guilty this morning after a moment of weakness last night....while intoxicated. The alcohol was fine.......stuck to the low calorie option of vodka and diet coke (except for 2 glasses of wine) ......which I went to the gym on Friday to earn the calories for. However, the munchie van was calling me at half 2 this morning......& I ate a cheese burger :-S ....then stuffed my face with a packet of crips too when I got home. Now I kinda feel like I have fallen off the bandwagon.....& tempted by hangover food :-S
Need some encouragement to not beat myself up to much about it and more importantly stay on track and stick t my 1200 calories today!!!

Replies

• Katy213
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much, today is another day. This is a lifestyle change not a "diet" and you have to be able to enjoy yourself!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I would first like to remind you that one day of splurging is not going to ruin your progress. You can choose to get back on track simply by making the right choices today.

Wanting to continue to splurge - remind yourself of your goals - will eating junk food because you are feeling hungover help you reach your goals? Is it even going to help decrease the negative effects of the alcohol you consumed? My experience with hangovers is that getting yourself up and about, getting some exercise (not to vigorous, though - especially if there is nausea and headache involved), and drinking plenty of water to rehydrate yourself is the quickest way to recover from a hangover.

Be kind to yourself today, but also be diligent in keeping your commitment to yourself. It is your body, and you get to choose what you do to it and how you treat it. The rest of us will be here to support you as you continue your journey despite the choices you make while on the journey.

Vickie
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks both.....some really supportive advice!!!!! Today is another day & I totally agree about this being a lifestyle choice rather than a "diet" ......these things are going to happen......and once in a while isnt going to back track my work so far.

Thanks Again :-)
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I had cake and far too much dinner and then a third of a cheesecake yesterday. And garlic bread. It's done now: I'm a terrible one for beating myself up but if you can, don't, as it doesn't undo what you've done! If you feel up to exercise today, do it. Even a walk. If not (and you're like me) just try and do damage-limitation (and trust me, I KNOW how hard that is - I NEED macaroni cheese and chips the next day) eating well, drinking loads to flush the cr@p out and ride it out. You'll feel better tomorrow with more distance between you and the food-eating, and the hangover should be gone. xxx
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    We ALL have those whoopsie days (or nights):)- don't beat yourself up! Add a couple of additional minutes to your next few workouts - it'll all even out!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, i went on holiday last week and decided to eat what I liked (when in Rome...eat pizza pasta and ice cream every day)

well...did you know it was physically possible to put on 8lb in one week!?!

(im still trying to figure out if the tirimasu was worth it! lol!)

Im being strict again now. and it will take me weeks to catch up!
  • ghalliday
    Options
    Thanks all :-) All ur msgs have been a fantastic help :-) I'm going to stay on track tday....& avoid hangover junk food.......
    I have had a sensible breakfast of cheese spread on toast & will b having a yummy sunday lunch with loads of veg & minus the mountain of roast potatoes, with prehaps a little treat later......a weight watchers dessert.

P.S I'm sooooo jealous of ur holiday to Rome.....would loooove to go.....& the food sounds AMAZING ;-)
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    im jealous of your sunday lunch! i just had a boring plain ham roll!

Rome is absolutely astounding! If you ever get the chance to travel there...go!

Have you tried skinny cow desserts? (genuinely yummy and low in cals and fat!)
  • ghalliday
    Options
    I really would love to go......maybe an Easter break next year if I manage to lose the weight.....treat myself :-)
    I haven't tried the skinny cow desserts no....are they chilled or frozen?? WIll have to look out for them!!! I'm lucky because I don't have much of a sweet tooth but enjoy a dessert now & again......and need a little sugar to keep me going!!

:smile:
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    frozen, although they do chilled yogurt i think, but ive never seen them!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    If you read a post in the General weightloss forum called "mixed emotions" i think you will feel better. It gives a really positive outlook on this path we have chosen and the bumps we will encounter along the way.

You can certainly get back on track. Few extra long walks or running up the stairs where you would normally take the lift. You are back on it already, just stick at it.

Good luck . Gemma x
  • ghalliday
    Options
    Thanks Gemma....I shall take a look :-)

All the Best!!! :smile: