Curves Smart

Options
I recently joined Curves. I do not have really anywhere around where I live that I can walk or jog. So this is perfect for me cause it is 30 minutes and all women so it fits my life. I am changing my eating habits as well. I was wondering if anyone else has tried Curves and iof anyne knows how to log it in on my exercise tracker?

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    You can choose circuit training as an aerobic exercise. I think that's what Curves does.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Under the Cardio Exercise section you will find "Curves Circuit Training" and you can add that to your Favorites List.
    If you do Curves Smart the Curves Computer will give you a "Calories Burned" number that is somewhat different than the one that MFP gives you. I figure it is just an estimate anyway so I usually just ignore the difference. You can manually change the number on MFP to match Curves if you want to.
    I have been a Curves member for 18 months and I went to work for them part time 2 weeks ago. Hope you enjoy your Curves Workouts.
  • goldspaula
    Options
    I have belonged to Curves, two different times, in my life. I really enjoyed it but found that my body got used to it quickly and three times a week wasn't enough exercise for me. The social support aspect of it was great though! LJCannon is a testament that it can work for you though. Be consistent and it will be great. The point is to move every day if you can.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I recently joined Curves. I do not have really anywhere around where I live that I can walk or jog. So this is perfect for me cause it is 30 minutes and all women so it fits my life. I am changing my eating habits as well. I was wondering if anyone else has tried Curves and iof anyne knows how to log it in on my exercise tracker?

Yes, I do curves circuit training twice a week. I got great results since I joined in March of this year, and I added more success after I joined MFP in August. You can also choose the Curves eating program, but I don't.

I find that since somebody with experience takes my measurements, they are more precise. However, I warn you that you will find a difference between their scale and yours. You need to decide which weight you will choose for your ticker, if you have one.
    I weight myself without shoes and with workout clothes, just before I leave the house and then again at Curves, on my weight days. There is usually a 2lb. difference between both scales. As long as both scales register a proportional weigh loss, I am happy.

If you choose the Curves Smart Program, the one that registers calories burned after each workout, then you can enter that information in your exercise diary, otherwise, just record the minutes and the MFP database will give you the calories burned.

I like to add, that I do other exercises too, such as yoga, pilates, dance, and I also go the gym to do more cardio and lift weight. Curves is not a complete solution, but the machines are different and the circuit training workout has "confused" my body and hence the results.
  • mkmorris430
    Options
    Thanks! I really appreciate the comments and I do stick to one scale. I also have a Wii and have My Fitness Coach on it that does not require the Wii fit and it was on $19... It is a great workout and you can choose pilates, yoga, cardo, strength training etc. It is a lot of fun. Just something different.

I am really eating better since i joined MFP because I am really sticking to journaling my food and exercise. That makes a huge difference.

Thanks again!