I'm craving Pickles.

Options
I'm craving Pickles, Specifically pickles with mustard, but I'm not pregnant.

I'm dairy free and Gluten free because of allergies. so i mainly eat fruits, veggies, and beans.

What up with the pickles? I went to a restaurant the other day and ordered two sides of them. Also, my taste buds seem to be changing. Nothing seems to be hot enough or flavorful enough. I've started using salt, which I never would have done even a few months ago. I don't know. Any ideas?

Replies

• bookitty_ca13
    bookitty_ca13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    :devil: Hot Sauce!!!
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I love pickles, always have. Other than the sodium they aren't really bad, no fat, barely any calories. Just have one to satisfy your craving.
  • fattymacfattass
    Options
    I've been looking it up. There's lots on the web actually. Usually sodium or potassium deficient. I rarely have been meeting the suggested sodium levels. I jsut don't know of the right way to add sodium. It seems counter intuitive.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Eat the damn pickles. It seems counterintuitive because people are constantly yammering about how to reduce it... but if it's too low your body will eventually pitch a fit. Mine does this in the form of headaches, and it will do it like clockwork if I get too sweaty without having enough salty things. The bad way to add sodium is the way that makes you sick. Everything else is fine, pickles included.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Pickles rule!!
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The right way to "add sodium" to your diet? Put salt on things.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Pickle craving is usually a mineral deficiency - could be sodium, could be calcium or potassium or any of those little ones you need trace amounts of.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You must be reducing your carbohydrate intake?