Sorry, but I see this far too often...

Options

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If this is posted so often you'd think people would use correct grammar by now!
    Um....................no. Think about it for a minute, new people on here everyday, some english isn't there first language, and also a lot of people aren't great with spelling and some just don't give a *kitten*. Therefore this issue will never be solved. But making them feel stupid is a great idea.
    Since we're at it: Their =/= there

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    lol nice pick up, you win the prize for this contest
    Yeah!!! Please let it be cake!

Portal says the cake is a lie, you can wear my stache for a while though................lol was going to make a joke about mustache rides but that's just wrong
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to succeeding at weight loss. Peace

You mean weight loose.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Where is that dead horse gif when you need it......
    Someone ate it...
    so-hungry-could-eat-a.jpeg
  • saptamani
    saptamani Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That drives me nuts to. ;)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: Sorry, but I see this far too often...

No, you haven't. Because you still have hope that you can make people stop.

Resignation and acceptance is the final stage of grammar grief.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Thanks four posting this I never would off known this otherwise...

Yeah. Just think, if their had been a post like this before, all the mix-up's could of been avoided.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That drives me nuts to. ;)
    :flowerforyou:

Irony, irony.
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    often, i'm posting from my fone and stupid autocorrect messes up to mini of my posts, making me look like i don't no what I'm talking about.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There are worse things than spelling it wrong on the internet...just sayin'

misspelled_tattoos_2_opt.jpg
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Everyone and their mother should read this: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options

GRAMMAR GRIEF AAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! I really cracked up at this one. :laugh:
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Seems like I see it wrong more than I see it right. For anyone unsure of the difference between lose and loose: I am eating at a calorie deficit, so I am going to lose weight. Now that I have lost weight, my pants are too loose. That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to succeeding at weight loss. Peace
    Us grammar Nazis are fighting a "loosing" battle. :(
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Interesting..

A co-worker was writing and asked me how to spell lose because in his head he was having difficulty distinguishing between the many expressions and similarities so to keep him from being at a "loss" and not withstanding my desire to teach I explain to him would his friend be a looser or loser. He gets it now.. carry on.. :laugh:
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options

Words of truth, I give in...
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I know. It makes me cringe every time I see it!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Seems like I see it wrong more than I see it right. For anyone unsure of the difference between lose and loose: I am eating at a calorie deficit, so I am going to lose weight. Now that I have lost weight, my pants are too loose. That's all I wanted to say, you can go back to succeeding at weight loss. Peace
    I actually get paid to correct people's writing (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). I have a degree in English lit. I even edit published books in my head when I read.

Yet somehow I manage to not need to call out random people posting on a message board for small lapses such as this.

But then I don't have a need to make myself feel intellectually superior over something so trivial.

b/c you don't CARE about the common man! OP was just trying to HELP.

*damn, can't find my "leave Brittney alone" gif...
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Some people just have no sense, cents or scents LMAO!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I actually get paid to correct people's writing (grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.). I have a degree in English lit. I even edit published books in my head when I read.

Yet somehow I manage to not need to call out random people posting on a message board for small lapses such as this.

But then I don't have a need to make myself feel intellectually superior over something so trivial.

b/c you don't CARE about the common man! OP was just trying to HELP.

*damn, can't find my "leave Brittney alone" gif...
    I am of the grammatically elite. You are correct, sir. I do not care about the grammar commoners.

(Even if you are a ma'am. Or "mame" as a friend of mine spells it.)
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    "I burnt 500 calories..."

Burnt calories taste bad.

lol
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I sea the difference now. Can't say that I am knew hear but apparently I didn't no the rules.