went from 270 to 157.still fat

13»

Replies

• red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    tone up
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Girl, ur trippin. You look fine to me. But then I havent seen you naked. If you're not happy naked then start lifting.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    I went from 135 to 117 and my belly still jiggles. I'm 5'2.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    You are far from "fat". Did that moron ex boyfriend of yours really mess with you so bad to the point you'll think youre fat even at this weight?

Please .. you dropped that *kitten*, don't let him control the way you see your self

^^ This. Feel free to go down to 130 or 140 if that makes you feel better but do it for yourself, not for him. He's definitely a moron.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    I looked like a giant piece of crap at 5'8 and 150 because I was the most un-strong person in the world. If you want to get firmer faster, Jillian Michaels isn't the way to go (but for a beginner it will help to a point). Progressive strength training is the way to go.

My cardio butt:
    photo.jpg
    My strength training butt:
    photo.jpg
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058488-squats-weights-pain-in-bum-caused-this-pics

There's not even a 10lb difference in those photos. What you want to keep around is muscle for the sake of firming everything up. The quickest way I've found is heavy lifting.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    If you're not lifting weights then chances are you will still look chubby. A lot of guys do this and then still end up being flabby because of the lack of lean body mass.Some people become skinny fat when the lose a ton of weight as a result of not having lean mass.

I don't know what your workout routine is like but mix it up a bit. Don't just do cardio but do both so that you can tone up. You will be glad you did. Plus, who doesn't like strong women?
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    You look amazing! A M A Z I N G
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    oK.
    First of all, congratulations!
    What you did is amazing!
    Secondly, feel free to add me as a friend, because I don't know if you can see my photos if you're not.

Now I believe that you feel fat at 157. Sorry to agree with you, and I already know the other posters are disagreeing with me. They say you're skinny. I believe YOU instead. You don't feel skinny, you feel fat, and I believe you....

Well, I am 5/7, 39 years old.
    I started FP at 151 lbs, and I was fat. Maybe not fat fat, like obese people, but chubby. Very chubby. If you look in my profile, you will see the pictures in red underwear when I was 151 lbs. Tell me I don't look fat and I will know you are lying.
    I am currently about 128 lbs ( + / - 2 lbs ). Now I feel good, and I believe I look ok too. I am also quite addicted to gym. I love lifting weights. I also eat as much as a man, usually my average is 2000 - 2500 cals a day. No dieting here.
    I stopped loosing weight in April. I have been maintaining since then, and building muscle too.

So my advice to you is this: eat clean ( no processed foods as much as you can ), eat lots of clean protein and fruits and veggies, and exercise. Not so much cardio as weight training. You will see abs in no time. I see mine. Surely I still have a little cellulite on my butt and legs, but I am pear shape...most of the time though, I look fit , healthy and very slim.
    So, I am with you and totally support your decision to lose more weight, But lose fat, not muscle..... And build as much muscle as you can! It will help make you hard and not dimply and giggly.

Hugs to you,
    Patricia
  • you look amazin whatcu talkin bout?
  • ixa73
    ixa73 Posts: 24 Member
    Even if you lose weight, you may not see the results you hoped for just by eating a deficit of food. Do you do any strength training? It will help you lose body fat and gain lean muscle which makes your body less fluffy and more solid.

I agree with this - strength training changes your shape in amazing ways. Do your measurements, take progress pics and don't worry about the scales. It's about body fat % not kilos (pounds).
  • Congrats! You look amazing.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I weigh more than you do and I'M not fat!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Well i know i look smaller by pictures but i am not thin.im probably more chubby than fat.i wear a medium shirt and size 10 in pants

I'm just over 5'7" and 49 yrs old. I weigh 140 now and feel good at this weight. I agree that 157 was a bit high for this height.

130 may or may not be too low depending on your age.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    I don't think you look fat. Then again, there is a difference between "not fat" and "skinny." You should look on the thin side when your bmi is closer to 20. If you lift weights and work out, you should look skinny and fit sooner.

I'm 5'4.5", 109lbs. Trust me, I'm not skinny. What makes me mad is I can't lose anymore weight or I'll be underweight. The 6 lbs I lost didn't do much even tho I was working out/weight lifting (still at 20% bf). The point is, if I were you, I would weight lift and slow down the weight loss. You want to keep as much muscle as possible while lose mainly fat. This way, you can look skinny without being underweight/unhealthy.

PS. Congratz on the weight loss! You did a great job.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    I thought I was fat at 135. Now when I look at pictures I don't know what I was thinking....Don't be so hard on yourself--you look great!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    We should start a whole group on---i am in the healthy weight range and now the real work starts or continues---

Congrats on losing down to 157 from 270! I am 5'8" , doctor confirmed small frame, and i feel best between 125 and 135. I reached goal in june 2012, and day by day i use yoga, barre3, and walking to maintain what i have and continously bit by bit add more muscle. I love the combination of ballet yoga and pilates.

I still reach for the double digits when i clothes shop even though i wear an american size 6 or 8. Too many years in larger sizes has distorted my view of myself. Iwork on it daily.

Maintain your good eating habits and try different activities... Cardio , weights, dance classes.. The more you work on inner you and your fitness/health, the more you will like what you see in the mirror!
  • vivipr
    vivipr Posts: 80 Member
    If you still see yourself fat you must be looking the wrong mirror...
    omg I wish I was as "fat" as you are right now.
    you did an amazing job. Keep it up. and trust us, you look fantastic!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    OP, I can completely and totally relate. I started at 277 lbs and a size 22. Now i'm 155 and a size 8. People tell me that I look great but I think i'm still big. I think that the pictures I see must just be flattering pictures because there is no way that i look like that in real life. Or that people are lying to me or just comparing how i look now to how i use to, of course they would think i look thin if they always knew me at 277 lbs. Once in a great, great while i will walk past a mirror and get a quick glimpse of myself and think "Woah, i'm not fat anymore? Was that me?". I really have no advice, just can sympathize. I think in time we will get there.
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Congrats on that losing all the weight. I am 5'7 140lbs and a size 6 or 4. I think it depends on your build. I got down to 130lbs and it didnt look good since I have a bigger build. Maybe toning up would help you? Do you lift?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!