ALL the FOOD!

Options
Lol.
I'm trying to come up with meal plans for my boyfriend who is trying to gain weight....
Which is expensive and he's on the go A LOT...
Soooo. Cheaper and on the go high calorie meals and snacks??
Please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Bump. Anyone?):
  • LornaRodda
    LornaRodda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just add butter/cheese/oil to meals will bump up calories easily.

Snack on nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits.

Really depends if he wants to put weight on healthily.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Ensure shakes are high calorie drinks that taste like milkshakes when they are cold. I think they are like 320 calories each. When my boyfriends father was sick and lost a lot of weight the doctors gave him 3 Enure shakes a day to gain weight.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options

Um. Yeah, he wants to put it on healthily.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Why is he trying to gain weight? Is this for a medical reason? I am assuming you still are asking for meals and snacks that will be healthy for him to gain. It comes down to his calorie intake.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i agree with the others that posted responses..sorry I didnt see before I posted my questions. Try to preplan some meals and add things that will up the calories. It should help him do it the healthy way. Make things ahead of time and fix them up in little containers or bags for when he is on the go. :) good luck!
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Why is he trying to gain weight? Is this for a medical reason? I am assuming you still are asking for meals and snacks that will be healthy for him to gain. It comes down to his calorie intake.

Building muscle and such. He is SUPER skinny. And it is hard for him to gain (high metabolism). I'm thinking about 2800 calories to begin with then upping it to about 3000. From what I have read those seem ideal.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    nut butter - high calorie, high protien, great for bulking
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Use coconut oil in everything. Coconut milk is delicious! Eat lots of nuts, nut butters.... add flax and chia seeds to everything.

Lots of protein, so like meats, beans, edamame (or other soy stuff... tho I've heard recently that guys should stay away from too much soy... apparently it does something to estrogen levels?? can't remember where I got that from tho so not sure if it's true).

Full fat milk, cheese... it's not unhealthy to eat these things as long as it's not all he eats. He should still have his proper level of nutrients, and not all fats are bad.

Oh, speaking of, avocado!! yum!!!

ETA, coconut milk is NOT coconut oil added to milk... I know Silk makes it... not sure of other brands. I make no promises if you plan on mixing the oil and milk, lol
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Most of the trainers i know who are into body building eat most of the same things on a daily basis..Tons of eggs,chicken .beans, ground or regular turkey,fish,sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, and veggies..They eat the way people do when they want to loose weight and be healthy, but the eat massive amounts of this stuff.. to lose weight u may have 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with fresh berries and one whole egg with 2 eggwhites for breakfast..they will have a cup of oatmeal and 10 eggs(mostly whites)..
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Most of the trainers i know who are into body building eat most of the same things on a daily basis..Tons of eggs,chicken .beans, ground or regular turkey,fish,sweet potato, brown rice, oatmeal, and veggies..They eat the way people do when they want to loose weight and be healthy, but the eat massive amounts of this stuff.. to lose weight u may have 1/2 a cup of oatmeal with fresh berries and one whole egg with 2 eggwhites for breakfast..they will have a cup of oatmeal and 10 eggs(mostly whites)..

Only problem is he doesn't like to eat a lot... So I was looking for calorie dense food rather than big portions...
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Don't skimp on the oil. That's a great way to add a lot of calories without adding much bulk. Go for extra virgin oils, as they will provide fats without the worry of trans fats.

Full fat everything. Whole milk, cheese, etc.

He could add protein powder to a shake to help as well.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Um. Yeah, he wants to put it on healthily.

Not sure why the first poster mentioned healthy or not. Their suggestions were good ones. Fats are going to be good sources of calories that aren't that expensive. Peanut butter + spoon.
  • mbucchieri
    mbucchieri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    weight gainer 1850