Best workout DVD?!

Options
My hours at work at the minute are really odd & I'm struggling to find time for the gym!

I've never really used workout DVDs in the passed, but I'm really gonna have to start doing some form of exercise which fits into my daily routine, so I guessed maybe doing a work out at home would be the best option!

So, what is the best workout DVD on the market? I'm fairly fit, but not a machine (so don't think insanity would be for me!) any suggestions?

Cheers!!

Replies

• LeemTHEdream
    LeemTHEdream Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would suggest Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or her Ripped in 30 DVD...each workout is only 30 minutes long. Good Luck!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Will look it up now! Thanks a million :-)
  • ALGreer2013
    Options
    I really like the 10 Minute Solutions videos. Each video has five 10-minute workouts. You can do 1 - 5 at a time. I have bought about 6 of them so far. I like the dance ones the best but they have a variety of videos for just about any type of exercise you enjoy. I find it easier to complete 3 of the 10-minute videos before work rather than have an 1 -1.5 hour long video that I'll have to leave in the middle of.
  • amwood89
    Options
    Sounds good! Will check this out too!! Thanks
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire by Beachbody!! :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Insanity is all body weight exercises, so it would be a great pick for you. Turbofire and TurboJam are good options too. Realistically, I like something that incorporates a bit more weight training like a Chalean Extreme or P90X, but if you don' t want to buy resistance bands, i would do a chalean johnson program.
  • erayne
    erayne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30 Day Shred!
  • amwood89
    Options
    Thank you all! Ahhh so many options!! I'll maybe get a couple & see which suits me best! Thanks for all your suggestions!
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like the Cindy Crawford workout DVDs. They're old, but still good. It's challenging, but still easy enough for me.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I know it's been suggested already, but I LOVE Jillian Michaels - Ripped in 30.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    I personally use:
    Hip hop abs (fav)
    zumba
    tae bo
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    There are many varieties of programmes on Team Beachbody (no I am not a Coach) and you can find one that suits you personally. I have used 10-Minute-Trainer, Les Mills Combat and Les Mills Pump.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    another vote for the 30 day shred!
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Flashdance!!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVDs (those with Bob Harper). I do other DVDs also, but it's something about those... never seem to get bored of them and during them...
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Shaun T, he's one of the few DVD trainers that don't annoy the heck out of me. Maybe before you invest, check out a bunch from the library to see who doesn't get on your nerves or which types of workouts you like the best?
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels DVDs - I've tried the yoga, kettlebells, 30DS.... Also I love the Biggest Loser Cardio Blast DVD - actually I think it's just Bob Harper, I like him more than Jillian and I just like the whole Biggest Loser thing...

Also, an idea if you don't want to buy a bunch you don't like (uh, like me lol) you might check out your library, I never realized until recently they have a whole selection of fitness dvds there!
  • Ivonnegarza1980
    Options
    T25 hands down :) 25mins a day 5 days a week
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts now from fitnessblender.com. Check them out!
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    jillian micheals 30 day shred is pretty good. Right now i'm doing her body revolution which is a 90 day program-30 min a day. I am about to finish phase 1 and I've lost 10 pounds.