Size 12 to Size 0 (with ridiculous photos)

Options

Replies

• alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    It appears to me that you are getting veryvery skinny, and maybe not having enough nutrition (as per your diary recently). Good luck with balancing it all in healthy ways.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Super fun pics, thanks for sharing and congratulations!
  • MoNiCaMaRieV
    MoNiCaMaRieV Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    amazing! congrats!
  • kittycollins7
    kittycollins7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Great Job!
  • Rosie1289
    Rosie1289 Posts: 10
    Options
    I apologize. I was thinking about my daughter, who spent most of her teenage years a size 0. She was extremely thin, and very unhealthy. She is much taller than you are though.She is now 21, and she now weighs about 120, and in my opinion looks much better and is more healthy than she was when she was only a size 0. But that didn't give me the right to comment the way that I did. You are obviously much happier now. Congratulations!
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    All these US sizes confuse me. I mean I guess the OP is short, but if a US size 0 is a UK 4 she doesn't seem that small. I thought you needed something like a 20 inch waist to be a zero. Anyway she is a slim, healthy and attractive young woman and the photos show this nicely, and that's what matters.
    To be people complaining about weight, we're all different. I'm 6 inches taller than the OP and will never have a waist like her, my genetics and build are different. I must say that with vanity sizing sometimes you can get carried away. My 29-inch waist has been known to fit into some UK 8 garments (?US 4). No way is that accurate.

A US size 0 is about a UK size 4, I think.
  • Rosie1289
    Options
    One other small comment though. I did go and look at your food diary. I personally, at my age, and in my state of health, would die if I ate as little as you do in a day. I am very tall, and big boned, and never been one who could skimp on breakfast. I had to find a diet that would work for me, and the low carb lifestyle works best because I don't have to starve myself. When I don't eat, I get physically ill. I have other health issues that would make it impossible to diet the way that you did. You're young, so you won't feel the effects right away, but coming from someone who fasted, and exercised and went without eating to lose weight in the past, take it from me, your body will suffer in the long run. Your bones especially.
  • 0ctobre
    0ctobre Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats :D
  • mrsquen
    mrsquen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUSSSSS... GREAT JOB!!!!!! GREAT INSPIRATION...........:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Its really sad to see some of these comments...especially on a success thread where someone who is obviously shorter and in her healthy BMI/weight range has done something great ..I guess we forget what amazing looks like cheers to you for doing a great job!..you look AMAZING!
  • Rosie1289
    Options
    It's great that she lost the weight. It's inspirational to a point. But I don't want anyone I know to lose weight by eating oatmeal for breakfast, and then nothing else but alcohol for the rest of the day. I don't care what anyone says, that's not healthy, and could seriously effect your health. I'm happy for the op, just don't want anyone drawing on her experience, and trying to lose weight following her diet.
  • Mychefcat
    Mychefcat Posts: 5
    Options
    GIRRRLLLLL FRIEND!!! You work it, you own it, you ARE it!

SUCCESS!

Congratulations! You set a goal and you accomplished your goal. You taught yourself that you can do anything you set your mind to. You did it, you own it -- it's yours!!

An interesting microcosm of the real word, here on this virtual one. When we succeed there will always be those in our lives, families, friends, wherever, who will reach out to hurt us. Bring us down. Criticize. Do whatever they can to rain on our parade.

They can huff and puff and post and do whatever they like but what they CAN'T do is take away our success! It's ours. We earned it and it's ours!

You've worked hard and done well -- GO YOU!!!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    It's great that she lost the weight. It's inspirational to a point. But I don't want anyone I know to lose weight by eating oatmeal for breakfast, and then nothing else but alcohol for the rest of the day. I don't care what anyone says, that's not healthy, and could seriously effect your health. I'm happy for the op, just don't want anyone drawing on her experience, and trying to lose weight following her diet.

Wow, all your rants on here... jealous?? First you called her anorexic and then you claim that she eats nothing but oatmeal and alcohol?? I looked at her diary too and did not see that. Also, oatmeal is a perfectly healthy and reasonable breakfast. Get over yourself lady.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

We all have issues here bad diet, bad workout routine........we shouldn't be picking apart people if that's what your here for good luck....Meet my ignore
  • Rosie1289
    Options
    Nope, not jealous in the least. No need to be. I've reached the point in my life where I am perfectly content with who I am as a person, and no longer need the approval of complete strangers. I'm losing weight to be healthier. Not to be more attractive, or skinny. So the op really has nothing for me to be jealous of. Have a nice day.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Nope, not jealous in the least. No need to be. I've reached the point in my life where I am perfectly content with who I am as a person, and no longer need the approval of complete strangers. I'm losing weight to be healthier. Not to be more attractive, or skinny. So the op really has nothing for me to be jealous of. Have a nice day.

Then why **** all over her accomplishment? It's uncalled for.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Op I am sorry you have gotten some negative comments. I was a size 12 starting off too. I was anything but healthy. A 12 on some might be great, but not for me. I am now a loose size 8 and want to get back to at least a 6.

I think you look great and still look healthy. Not everyone starts at the same place as others. One might need to lose over 100. Then another only 15 pounds. It is about what you feel is healthy for yourself. Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the great work.
  • RingTailedFox
    RingTailedFox Posts: 53 Member
    Options

You know what, you're absolutely right. I shouldn't have drank that much alcohol. I did have oatmeal for breakfast and tofu, mushrooms, quinoa and corn for lunch. Then I went to the lake and I forgot to bring my own vegan dinner, so I had to skip.

So, yes, ladies, please do not take that day as a good example. Everybody messes up. Its true. I had to explain that day to my nutritionist who plans out my meals, too.

Thank you for your concern. Sometimes, we all need to be reminded that we still have a long ways to go.
  • Fairybow
    Fairybow Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow!
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Let me start out by saying you look fabulous! I too am a fellow shorty at 5'2" and started out at 163lbs. The weight always showed in my face and tummy areas and have seen a dramatic difference in my face. Im down to about 141lbs right now and will get back to my skinny self again. Keep up the good work!!

What is your goal weight?

Are you feeling better in your body? I noticed that when I started losing weight, my knees and back hurt less.

My goal weight is 120lbs and go from there. Want to get more toned too but working on the weight loss first. I feel a lot better now than I did 4 months ago for sure. Still have pressure on my knees but Ive always had that and my back is so much better but can only imagine it getting better as I keep on with this journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!