Going to a wedding for the weekend - HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Tell your friend getting married is stupid and have them cancel the wedding... problem solved.

You might have to sleep with the groom to emphasis this point... cant half *kitten* fitness!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself. One weekend won't ruin everything.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you can handle being hungry for awhile, why not just save all the day's calories for the wedding?
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    If you freak out about one day, how are you going to handle the rest of your life? Holidays? Birthdays? Family gatherings? Heaven forbid..ANOTHER wedding?????????

Relax, enjoy the day and let weight loss be what it is...a long term goal, not something you can fix in weeks and undo in one day.
    Lol! I'm not freaking out! I have been here before...just 2 years ago and it's all new to me again. I am gonna have fun but just wanted all your opinions on how to cut down. Thank you all for your advice - it's greatly appreciated!! :laugh:
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Tell your friend getting married is stupid and have them cancel the wedding... problem solved.

You might have to sleep with the groom to emphasis this point... cant half *kitten* fitness!
    Trust you to make a comment like that! ;)
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Its one weekend just enjoy.

This...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself, drink, eat have fun and get back to it the next day.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I see it as an excuse to stuff my face with food and lots of wine... then dance like I'm Beyoncé. :drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight. You're going to a wedding... that wedding is going to last, what, 1 day? And you're worried about undoing all your progress? Did you get fat in the first place because of that one wedding you went to that one time?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    party on
    get loaded.
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options
    1) Just watch your portions.

2) Pile up on veggies and fruits, and drink lots of water.

3) take a couple bites of sweet stuff just to satisfy any cravings.if you over indulge, don't forget protein.

4) dance the night away! (And the calories!)

5) so you've had a "bad food day", it was a wedding! Next day just GET BACK into it! Work a little harder in the gym and lay off some off the not so good stuff!

6) bonus: drink a tbs (or less) of apple cider vinegar mixed with water, lemon juice and honey.... And chug in the morning or before a not so nutritious meal.

HAVE FUNNNNNN!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I am going to a wedding this weekend as well, and I am looking at it as a way to practice "normal person eating".

In the past my deit mentality self would have been like "woo hoo, I'm gonna eat/drink till I puke".

Now when these events come up I say, I'm going to relax and enjoy myself, but I'm not gonna overreat. I'll eat light during the day knowing a big meal is coming up, and I'll have a reasonable portion of dinner and enjoy some cake and get back it on Sunday. It's a learned skill but I'm getting better. Even if you overreat a little, its not going to undo all of your progress. Just get back it and you'll be fine.