Chips calling my name. Help.

Options
Every evening the potato chips are calling my name and I answer. Please help me find another food to substitute with, it seems like I crave the salt and crunch.

Replies

• britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Quaker Pop Crisps. Love love love. Eat 18 of those puppies for 130 calories... Sweet chili are my fav.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Make room in your day for a serving of chips.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Apple Chips are delish!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Or this!!

I eat the Pop Crisps instead of chips so I can also have ice cream :))))))
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    We buy Pop Chips in the 100-calorie bags. Having them pre-measured for portion control is a great thing.
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn every night. As long as your within your daily goals, I don't see a problem.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Or this!!

I eat the Pop Crisps instead of chips so I can also have ice cream :))))))

Ice cream over chips any day! lol
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute, but instead of chips I'm currently munching bright green olives from the salad bar.. it satisfies the fat & salt and eating around the pit is fun.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Funny, I give my chips names and give them personalities. You'd think it would make them harder to eat, but it turns out mass murder is part of who I am.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are crunchy, tasty, and nutrient-rich. Much fewer calories than potato chips.
  • feffynj
    feffynj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Get them out of the house--throw them away!

If the voice in your head is telling you not to waste food, remind yourself regardless of whether they're in the garbage or in your body--they're still going to waste.
  • horses7777
    horses7777 Posts: 165
    Options
    100 calorie microwave popcorn. There are several brands and flavors to chose from. Even if you "go crazy" and have 2 it is still only 200 calories. :happy:
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Special k chips cheddar flavored are my favorite only 110 calories a serving or 100 calories bag of popcorn.
  • LadyEm06
    LadyEm06 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Handful of wasabi peas! 1/3 cup (a lot of them) gets you a good crunch and the salt fix for about 120 (give or take 10, can't remember) calories. The heat from the wasabi also helps curb the ongoing craving.

Otherwise, get the chips that are tempting you OUT of your house. If they aren't there, you can't eat them. I no longer buy wheat thins for this very reason.
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like snap pea crisps
  • Lala_White
    Lala_White Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Instead of chips try roasted almonds or sunflower seeds.
  • MsWallwoman
    MsWallwoman Posts: 161
    Options
    Don't give in. The craving will pass. Be strong! Distract yourself. Drink some water and go for a walk and get away from the house and any temptation. You can do this! Stay strong.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like pork rinds.. Good protein and no carbs :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    100 calorie microwave popcorn. There are several brands and flavors to chose from. Even if you "go crazy" and have 2 it is still only 200 calories. :happy:

The Popsecret Homestyle is only about 140 calories for the regular size and you get a better deal money wise.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Get them out of the house--throw them away!

If the voice in your head is telling you not to waste food, remind yourself regardless of whether they're in the garbage or in your body--they're still going to waste.

:huh:

I feel really sorry for you.