Mini Caramel Apples (w/Pics)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
My best girlfriends and I are having a junk food/dessert pot luck tonight for a girl's night and I made these and they turned out so freakin' cute, so I thought I would share!

You will need how many green apples that you want (depending on how many minis you want to make)
A melon baller (Yes I know, ain't nobody got time for that. But if you do, these are great for portion control)
Lollipop sticks

Ball out your apples with the melon baller, stick a stick in them and dip them in the caramel and coat them with whatever the hell you want (I used crushed pecans, crushed pretzels, crushed oreos, and crushed heath bars). I stuck them in muffn wrappers and let them sit!

I made the caramel homemade but you can use the caramel candies and melt them.

1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup corn syrup :noway:
1 can sweetend condensed milk :bigsmile:
1tsp vanilla

Put the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Take out and mix. Stick it back in the microwave for 2 minutes 4 more times or until it is golden brown and caramel-y. Add vanilla and mix.

m227663469.jpg

m227663470.jpg

I am not sure about calorie count on each of these.

Replies

• AshleyNPeters
    AshleyNPeters Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Omg i love it!
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat just one :noway: They look so tasty :love:
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    These look delicious! Definitely trying. BTW, you can also make caramel by boiling a can of condensed milk (unopened) in a pot forrrr.....~1.5 hours
  • AmyfromBama
    AmyfromBama Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Omg these look deeeelicious!!!! :)
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    bump!! Would be awesome for my daughters bday party, let the kids dip their own in different toppings!!! :)))
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have made these with frozen green grapes instead of apples. It's easier than scooping out the apple and they taste the same somehow. So good :tongue:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I've seen it done with grapes too!

I love that's it's just a bite, not a full caramel apple.

enjoy your girls night! Wish I had close girlfriends :( My 3 best girlfriends all live in other states (I'm in CA, one is in CO, one in TX, and one in NC). It makes traveling nice though!
  • cbluna
    cbluna Posts: 26
    Options
    So so cute!!!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Cute!! What an awesome idea!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try with frozen grapes next time!